Elevated Alt And Ggt

Guest Celestrina

Guest Celestrina

Angie had some bloodwork done on Monday. Her ALT was 169 (normal 10-125 U/L) and GGL was 12 (normal 0-7 U/L). He put her on Denamarin for 30 days. How concerned should I be?

Guest Celestrina

Before this, no. She went to the vet because of a cut that needed stitches. Before then she wasn't on anything. Now she's on deramaxx and cefpodoxime proxetil as well as the Denamarin.

Sometimes some meds will increase the GGT. If the GGT doesn't come down after the course of Denamarin I would ultrasound the gallbladder ;-)

Remember to give the Denamarin 2 hours before breakfast after an over night fast. It's a greyt product but, is poorly absorbed.

You might need to stop the Deramaxx as one of the side effects is liver damage -- google Deramaxx side effects.

You might also want to try Dr Dodd's liver cleansing diet (Google search Dr Dodds liver diet). Many people with seizure dogs use the diet to help counterbalance the effects of the seizure meds on the liver.

You might need to stop the Deramaxx as one of the side effects is liver damage -- google Deramaxx side effects.

You might also want to try Dr Dodd's liver cleansing diet (Google search Dr Dodds liver diet). Many people with seizure dogs use the diet to help counterbalance the effects of the seizure meds on the liver.

I'm assuming the Deramaxx is short term -being given because of the laceration.