Gypsy 11/29/03 - 9/23/15

win4profit

We had to send our sweet happy baby doll to the bridge last month. My incredible sorrow has kept me from posting until now but I owe it to my Gypsy to honor her with a proper goodbye. For about the last year, Gypsy had been stiff when getting up from a nap, the vet suspected arthritis and prescribed Metacam to give her as needed. Gypsy was a wild woman, when one of us came home from work she would race around the house, grab a stuffy and bounce to the door to go out and chase the squirrels. She never once slowed down or gave us any indication that she was in serious pain. Starting a couple of months ago, her back leg would give out and she would lose a step. She never fell, but it seemed to be happening a little more frequently. A week before we lost her, I made an appointment to take her to the vet so she could check her hind leg. As we all know, any time our hounds limp, we immediately think osteo and I just wanted reassurance. On her last night, I had let the kids out and when I went to let them in, Gypsy was standing still in the yard, I called for her and she didn't move, just stood there wagging her tail. I knew something was wrong and ran out to her, she was shaking and her hind leg was hanging limp. I called for my DH and he carried her in the house. We took her to the Evet where they took Xrays and administered pain meds. The vet showed us the Xrays and our world came crashing down. Her femur was broke in two. The vet was saying something about the edges being fuzzy but all I heard was the beating of my heart. I looked at the vet and said osteo? and she shook her head in confirmation. We knew that we had to let her go and sent her to be with Logan, Profit and Siren at the bridge. The house is very quiet without our sassy little back talker. It helps to know that she is whole again and running pain free. Hopefully, there are lots of squirrels to chase. Run free my little spaz!!

Her adoption pic

Cals_Popcorn_Head_Left.jpg

She had a serious case of ETS

100_0307E.jpg

Her beautiful frosty face

005_zpsevyrtems.jpg

One of the last pics I have of her

[/001_zpswiz4hi51.jpg

Everyday-4.jpg

So sorry for the loss of your beautiful Gypsy.

Remember the good times.....

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Hugs to you and yours. I'm so sorry for the loss of your beautiful girl.

Godspeed, Gypsy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Sue....sorry for your loss...she was a lucky girl to find you and Greg. :bighug

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

I do hate cancer. It is the thief who robs us everyday of those we love. I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful Gypsy.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

She was so beautiful ... and so loved. I'm very sorry for your loss. :grouphug

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

:grouphug I am so very sorry for your loss.

Godspeed Gypsy f_yellow

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I am very sorry for the loss of your beautiful girl. She obviously was a character and loved dearly.

Run free Gypsy, run free sweetie...:gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

What a beautiful, beautiful girl. I am so very sorry for your loss.

groupwindia-greytalk2.jpg

The handsome boy Brady, mid-morning nap. The sun, the sun feels so, so, so good.

I can't keep my eyes open ... ... Retirement agrees ...

... and the Diva Ms India, 2001 - 10/16/2009 ....