Combat Dog Killed...

Guest AmberGusDad

Rest in peace, Mike, and thank you for your service.

Who in their right mind carries a gun when they are out cycling? I agree with Mike's human, the situation seems very suspicious.

Some friends of mine did when they lived in bear country. However, after reading the article I agree that there's something rotten in Wyoming. I've been chased by dogs many times while cycling, never were the dogs silent.

Run free, Mike.

You! Out of the gene pool!

Clearly this is an example of yet another sick human harming animals. Don't forget Mike was OLD. Since when is an old dog and especially an OLD ASSISTANCE DOG a threat? The evil human just did it because he could and because he is sick to shoot an old dog. What kind of a sicko would shoot an old dog-especially one with kind intelligent eyes like Mike? I know. JMO.

Here's some more info:

"The dog was shot in the back, according to authorities, and did not die instantly, limping from where he was shot to the garage behind Bessler’s house, where a neighbor soon found him dead. The 59-year-old bicyclist left the scene after shooting Mike, but told authorities he didn’t believe he had killed the dog."

What an evil sick person that killer was.

This was a terrible tragedy and makes my heart ache, but that dog would still be alive if he was kept safe and restrained to his own property. It's a shame this dog spent his life keeping others safe and someone couldn't do the same for him.

If that bicyclist wasn't truly afraid for his life, I hope karma gets him good! I have, however, been chased by dogs on both a bicycle (and even a motorcycle!) and it's terrifying. Dogs (as us greyhound owners know) can run very, very fast and two wheels often brings out the worst in even the most usually friendly dog.

~Amanda