Peanuts In The Shell

So I'm munching on some roasted salted peanuts in the shell and Ryder decided to grab one and lay down to discover what all this sound is about in my hands. I took it away from him and he got a real peanut instead, but I was just thinking.....can he have the whole thing, shell and all? I know the salted part is not the best thing but still, what harm would happen if he ate it in the shell? I think there are worst things he could get into being the food lover he is....

Proudly owned by:
10 year old "Ryder" CR Redman Gotcha May 2010
12.5 year old Angel "Kasey" Goodbye Kasey Gotcha July 2005-Aug 1, 2015

decades and decades ago a rescue borzoi that i had was more than ravenous as she recovered from distemper. she did steal a #5 bag of fresh roasted peanuts while i was at school, shelled them and left a neat pile in the middle of the floor! she was remarkable in more ways than one. a brilliant dog who survived numerous life threatening situations and had personality plus.

The problem with peanut hulls is that they are often contaminated with a carcinogenic mold called aflatoxin. If you are going to feed them to your dogs or eat them yourself and you find one with black stuff on it--even a tiny spot--throw it away. Don't eat the hull or the nut inside.

Edited by GreytNut

Kristen with

Penguin (L the Penguin) Flying Penske x L Alysana

Costarring The Fabulous Felines: Squeak, Merlin, Bailey & Mystic

68sgSRq.jpg