Sneaky Pie - I'm Terrified

Guest Tuxsmom

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a beautiful girl. I'm so sorry for the diagnosis and will keep you both in my thoughts. Glad Dr. C is getting involved. :grouphug

Edited by ramonaghan

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

I'm sorry, how scary. If there are no signs of tumors elsewhere would that be a good sign that it's localized to her spleen and surgery and chemo would give her a good shot? :hope I know nothing about this type of tumor at all.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Just reading about your Sneaky-Pie. I pray that you get much more time together. My Snuggles has GME and is doing good and my Surprise is on daily Chemo pills and pain medication for a growth he had removed from his leg. San Tan Snuggles is five years and 4 months, and Surprise is six years 6 months. Our greys are our babies or kids, but every moment with them is precious. I have met some wonderful people during this journey and their encouragement and advice has been so helpful. I also consulted with Dr. Cueto once I got the oncologist's results and he approved Surprise's treatment.

Waiting on vet center to start sending ultrasounds/X-rays/pathologies to Dr. Couto. He emailed me today and said he's looking for them to come through. I'm meeting with the oncologist Wednesday. I'm hoping for more clarification. The primary vet made it sound like they hadn't really determined which kind of HS it was. There were no tumors showing up on ultrasound or X-ray so I'm worried it's the disseminated kind. I will have tons of info soon, I hope. Sneaky is pretty active right now. Trotting around in the yard for a few minutes. Eating and drinking like crazy (prednisone).

Thank you all so much for being a support. There are no better people anywhere!

perfect picture of your perfect girl. will be sending you both good thoughts, and hoping for a positive update.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

She will be 8 on nov. 13th. She was 6 in that picture :)

Dr. Couto has imaging to look at now. Heading to the oncologist consult in a few minutes.

Will definitely keep you updated. Thanks to all and a huge hug to all owners going through a crisis with their hounds right now. I know every single one of us has been here. Heck, that means a hug for everyone!

Good thoughts for you both.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Dr Kraiza is Sneaky Pie's oncologist. She is firm in the diagnosis of disseminated Histiocytic sarcoma. She believes the entire spleen is involved. Removing the spleen is not a viable option as Dr Keaiza believes the bone marrow is involved too. We elected not to do a bone marrow aspirate. Too risky at this point and would not change our treatment plan.

Getting her first dose of CCNU right now. Plan is to get a dose every 3 weeks for 6 treatments.

Dr Couto is still reviewing everything but time is urgent so I opted to start treatments now.

I've read some hopeful news, but most dogs do not live past a year. And a large part succumb within 100 days. It's all about how well her body handles the treatment and if we can keep her red blood cells from crashing

She was at 24% last night. I'll find out what it is today when I pick her up from chemo in an hour.

As long as she is a happy hound, I will fight this alongside her!

I am glad you are starting treatment. I hope she tolerates it well. I have heard of a least one dog that was 2 yrs post treatment and still going strong! Of course, that is the exception, but shows that it is possible. On the other hand, if she does not tolerate the treatment, do not feel bad stopping it. You will do what is best for her :bighug