Mirage / C Ya Mirage 12/21/2003 - 9/21/2015

Guest PiagetsMom

Guest PiagetsMom
I said goodbye to my sweet boy this morning, and for the first time in 7 years, I am without my shadow. While it wasn’t an unexpected goodbye as it was for my girls, it still breaks my heart, and I hope you’ll remember my sweet boy with me.

The last 7 years Mirage saw many changes to our family. He helped me say goodbye to Piaget and Maya - I don’t know what I would have done without him and his quiet, steady presence.

We welcomed two granddaughters into our family, and Mirage did so much better with them than I ever imagined. They were in awe of this big ole dog, and my oldest granddaughter loved helping me fix his meals, and giving him treats, and my youngest granddaughter would always greet him by pointing to him and going, “Woof, woof!“

I know that the mornings are going to be the hardest for me. When I would get up in the mornings, Mirage would always follow me out to the living room and we’d sit together in front of the fireplace, just the two of us, while I drank a cup of coffee and did my morning devotions.

It was our time together, and one of the best parts of my day. Before we moved on with our day, I always thanked him for sharing my morning with me, told him he was a good boy, and how much I loved him, and promised to do my best for him that day. Tomorrow I’ll go and sit in our place, have a cup of coffee and do my devotion…..and say a prayer of thanks for all of the mornings I had with my sweet boy.

I hope he always knew how much I loved him…..he was always my boy, and I was always his person. These last 6 months were up and down, good days and difficult days, but I know that I did my best for him.

Before he left me, I asked him to go and find Piaget, who will most certainly greet him with a bow, and beg him to play! And, to look for our Maya girl, who I still worry about, and to make sure she’s okay. But, I know that above all else, he will be waiting for me.

Me and Mirage on adoption day, August 2008:

2cfcf194-5c62-4ac7-aa16-61bb67fcac1d.jpg

Here’s a few of my favorite pictures of Mirage. He didn’t love the camera, so I treasure the ones that remind me of who he really was:

002-8.jpg

Silly Boy!

003-6.jpg

So handsome :beatheart :

004-4.jpg

In his favorite spot:

038.jpg

One of my most recent, with my granddaughter on Saturday morning watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse….such a good and patient boy:

20150912_JordynampMirageSaturday.jpg

There are a couple of people who I want to thank - they are wonderful examples of what GreyTalk can and should be:

Jey (Batmom) for always being willing to answer any questions I might have about my pups, and Jan (FiveRoooooers) for her kind and caring support during difficult times - a very heartfelt, “Thank you”. :grouphug

And finally, as in my signature, this is the way I want to always remember my bubby boy, my Mirager - always, always happy to see me:

002-4.jpg

I could not have asked for a better boy, and I could not have loved him more :heart

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so very sorry. May time heal your broken heart. Run with the angels, beautiful boy.

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

Beautiful pictures of a happy, handsome boy. :grouphug

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Lisa, I am so sad to read this, and so very, very sorry for your loss. I've been around long enough to remember all of your hounds, and all were very special. f_yellow

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

I'm so sorry you've lost your wonderful boy.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

i'm so sorry. the deep love you shared shines through in every word of your beautiful tribute. what a huge empty space your exceptional boy will leave. i hope he sends you a sign that he has found your girls, and they safe together, watching over you.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I'm so very sorry :( :( he was truly loved :cry1

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

So very sorry for the loss of your handsome boy.

Remember the good times...

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

I'm sad that your sweet Mirage has passed. Your shared loving and devoted companionship was a special gift.

Your thoughtful tribute remembering Mirage was read through heartfelt tears.

May his spirit remain close to your heart and those of your family.

Godspeed special Mirage as he joins Piaget and Maya already waiting...

:f_red

I'm so sorry for your loss. What a wonderful tribute to him.

Kendra, devoted walker of Henry (Tom Jones: Great Son x Lucia)

Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/04 - 2/14, who opened our hearts and our home to greyhounds; Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/03 - 10/14, who really knew what a good dog she was; Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb), 9/10 - 1/20, who was grumpy and snarky but eventually a little bit cuddly, too; Grandpa Grey the Galgo Español, 2008 (?) to 2022, who made us feel lucky to be the ones to teach him about pet life; and Lucia (Larking About x Anastasia, 5/12 to 8/23), our first brood matron and the sweetest speckly girl.