Lulu (Baloo)... Coyote Dog May 2006- Aug. 18, 2015

Guest savvyprchick

Guest savvyprchick

I haven't been on these forums for a while (a few years I think), but some may remember me. And some may remember nine years ago when there was a great GUR to bring two litters of coyote pups from Kansas to a few different states, including Michigan. I met the GUR in Chicago and brought three pups to my house where I fostered two (one went to our group leader's house to foster) and one of the two fosters... never left.

Lulu was my baby. Chase, my retired racer, chose Lulu. He loved the puppies. She was the most maddening puppy and managed to eat an 8 inch hole in the middle of my drywalled wall--with her muzzle on (I still have no idea how she did that). But while maddening, she was hilarious. And loving, despite the horrific first three-four months she had in Kansas.

Lulu was lost when Chase died four years ago, but she still had Skah, our Great Pyrenees. Skah turned out to be deaf and Lulu became his ears. He looked to her for everything and how to react in every situation. Now Skah is lost without her. He's never been an only dog.

Lulu was my mother dog. She looooooved the kittens we fostered for two years and "de-flead" them, snuggled them, and licked them. She and our current cats liked to snuggle.

Lulu was a godsend to a young autisic girl I looked after a few years ago. She read her moods and calmed her before she had an autistic meltdown. And after a three year struggle with infertility, I finally gave birth to our daughter this past March. Lulu finally had a human of her own to mother. And my daughter calmed down whenever she was sat with Lulu.

Lulu was helped to the Rainbow Bridge on August 18... just one day shy of the 9 year anniversary of when I first met her.

Run free, my sweet girl. You can now run without pain.

post-9859-0-65940100-1441601423_thumb.jpg

post-9859-0-19871700-1441601581_thumb.jpg
The first day I met Lulu. She is in the blue harness on the right.

post-9859-0-22587000-1441601644_thumb.jpg

Gorgeous girl. The most beautiful blue fawn I'd ever seen.

post-9859-0-10656600-1441601694_thumb.jpg

Lulu and Kissy, one of our cats, snuggling.

post-9859-0-80435000-1441601727_thumb.jpg

Lulu calming my daughter down (she had been screaming until she was sat with Lulu)

post-9859-0-62306000-1441601772_thumb.jpg

Lulu loved all the pets, even from my daughter as she learned how to "pet nice."

Edited by savvyprchick

I am very sorry for the loss of your beautiful girl. Her colour reminds of our angel Jack who was a 'champagne' fawn as someone named it. She left far too soon.

Run free Lulu, run free sweetie...:gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

I remember you. I am so very sorry for your loss of your most special hound. :grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I have added Lulu's name to the list of Bridge Angels for August. :grouphug

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

So very sorry for the loss of your pretty Lulu.

Remember the good times...

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

I am SO very, very sorry :cry1 :cry1 Bruce and I were the ones that handed Lulu and the other 2 off to you in Chicago :cry1 she was such a sweet baby girl. Thank you for giving her a loving home :cry1

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest savvyprchick

I am SO very, very sorry :cry1 :cry1 Bruce and I were the ones that handed Lulu and the other 2 off to you in Chicago :cry1 she was such a sweet baby girl. Thank you for giving her a loving home :cry1

Can you believe it's been nine years since those puppies passed through?!

I'm so sorry for your loss of Lulu. :grouphug

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

I'm so very sorry to see you've lost your sweet Lulu. :(

:grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

what an amazing dog she was---gorgeous, smart, and a force to be reckoned with! i'm so sorry you lost your precious lulu.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I remember. I'm so sorry for the loss of your special girl. Hugs to all your family.

Godspeed, Lulu.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I'm so very sorry. Your gorgeous sweetheart didn't get to stay nearly long enough.

Godspeed Lulu.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)