Hello From Northern England!

Guest Marie_Imbrium

Guest Marie_Imbrium

Hi,

I recently adopted a lovely retired racer whom we renamed Deacon. We live near Newcastle Upon Tyne (actually very close to the coast along the North Sea).

I'm not sure how to post a picture of my big boy. If someone could let me know I'd greatly appreciate it :)

-Marie

Guest Marie_Imbrium

He's 4 and just retired after a rather successful career. He's one of the largest greyhounds i've ever seen, but SO laid back he's a very docile big boy :)

He's lovely! I love the big boys. Have you measured him to see how tall he is to the point of his withers? How much does he weigh?

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

Guest Marie_Imbrium

He's lovely! I love the big boys. Have you measured him to see how tall he is to the point of his withers? How much does he weigh?

Thanks! I haven't measured him, but when we went to the kennels to check out all the greyhounds, out of 25+ of them, he was one of the tallest. As for weight, no idea, but when he stood on my broken toe, it felt like he weighed over a ton :D

Welcome from Maryland, USA!!

I was in Newcastle-Upon-Tyne many years ago!!!

Your boy is gorgeous!!

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

He is a beautiful boy. I love those big boys, too.

Welcome from Germany.

Sorry for butchering the english language. I try to keep the mistakes to a minimum.

Nadine with Paddy (Zippy Mullane), Saoirse (Lizzie Be Nice), Abu (Cillowen Abu) and bridge angels Colin (Dessies Hero) and Andy (Riot Officer).

Guest Marie_Imbrium

Well, Deacon seems to be settling in nicely. He's already claimed one of the couches as his own (it's got the best view, looking right out onto the seafront, natch), and in spite of my husband's assertion that "This is YOUR dog, I don't want to be responsible for a pet!" sternness, I've caught them snuggling together, sharing snacks together and romping around outside like two goofy kids. Also, My son's totally in love with him :)

2015-08-24%2020.17.32_zpsnl3unncn.jpg

Edited by Marie_Imbrium

:welcome from Canada! Deacon looks a lot like our Diego, he has that same orange coloring. Diego has more stripes. iI's apparent that Deacon and your son love each other and I say to your husband: "You are toast, Greyhounds just have this way of worming themselves into your hearts"

Tin and Michael and Lucas, Picasso, Hero, Oasis, Galina, Neizan, Enzo, Salvo and Noor the Galgos.
Remembering Bridge Angel Greyhounds: Tosca, Jamey, Master, Diego, and Ambi; plus Angel Galgos Jules, Marco and Baltasar.

Guest Marie_Imbrium

:welcome from Canada! Deacon looks a lot like our Diego, he has that same orange coloring. Diego has more stripes. iI's apparent that Deacon and your son love each other and I say to your husband: "You are toast, Greyhounds just have this way of worming themselves into your hearts"

Oh, my husband knows, he just got really burned out when we used to do dog rescues in the States years back (plus almost single-handedly raising our son while I worked and commuted crazy hours for many years). So I can't say as I blame him, he's mostly doing the whole "Grandparent" role...enjoying the loving and spoiling, but not picking up the poop and such :-P