Sprung Toe Calcified Tendons And Corns!

Guest Echelonvicky

Guest Echelonvicky

So we are having a bit of a nightmare and wonder if you can help. Elvis came to us 3 months ago with corns. Our vet removed them and we thought that was it. Yesterday he had to have another op to remove tow more corns and when x rayed a really hard piece of black stone was removed from the same paw near his bone. Our vet showed me the X-ray showing what she believes is a calcified tendon. Can anyone help explaining treatment and long term Heath expectations? Also his toe is raised and looking at the internet I think it could be sprung toe. Again I have little experience although it's growing quickly, has anyone had these problems with just one paw? Also reading about the corns these will probably keep re occurring, how many times can they be removed or is there any prevention? Thank you guys xxxx

annie has calcification of the shoulder where the tendon from her spine bundles at the shoulder. we used an excellent orthopedic surgeon and consultation from the famed and kindhearted/wonderful dr. couto. this develops long term after a significant injury. the first stage of rehab and control was NO ACTIVITY for 6 weeks, tramadol/gabapentin/every 8 hrs, metacam daily-4 weeks. then after that t&g 2xs daily, metacam- 3weeks. after 8 -9 weeks we slowly started to increase activity and then reduced meds to only metacam. checked bloodwork, fine w/ metacam administering as needed. annie was screaming and i really thought it was osteo thus the digital X-rays and ortho man. i wanted the best quality X-rays.

she has had one flare up, but her activity has decreased. she's good for long walks, but when it comes to hunting squirrels and birds w/ her partner in crime, she feels it.

contact dr. couto, he's currently doing extensive research on corns. if it is what annie has- it read on the X-ray as a pointy substance on the bone- to a layman. but couto is your man. your vet can send the digital X-rays to him.

best of luck. corns are a real PITA~

Or contact Dr Dyce at Ohio State--he's a greyt gh toe guy!

:nod

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

One of my Greys had calcification of almost all of the toe joints, initially they were painful but soon recovered and the vet told me not to worry as it would actually stabilise the joint. He never had any further problems so I can only assume he was correct.

Btw. I initially took him to the vet as he had a lump on one toe and was quite lame. He ended up with the ugliest looking feet, but no pain :lol

<p>"One day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am"Sadi's Pet Pages Sadi's Greyhound Data PageMulder1/9/95-21/3/04 Scully1/9/95-16/2/05Sadi 7/4/99 - 23/6/13 CroftviewRGT