Oleow Carrots

Guest kar

Guest PiagetsMom

I think quite a few here use it and have had success with it. I tried it with Mirage - he wouldn't eat it. I wish he would have because it would have been an easy solution to his stomach issues.

I use it for Annie's meals a few times a week. It usually works; that is her poos get firmer. Giving it to her every meal or even one meal a day makes no difference in her output, which is why she gets it only 3-4 times a week. She doesn't like it much so I have to mix it really well with water and kibble and add a dash of something like parm cheese, bully stick shreds, etc.

Edited by Feisty49

Guest franlynne

Any one that uses them, could you let me know how well they work?

Emma came to us about 6 weeks ago. Her stools were very soft ( could not pick them up). She was on a lamb and rice formula kibble. We have her on Iam's mini chunks with a tablespoon of olewo carrots daily (divided into each meal) and her stools are quite good. The volume is also considerably less. The "better" quality dog foods did not agree with her. She also gets about a half cup of cooked chicken daily. She eats 31/2 cups of the Iams daily. I will continue to use the carrots as I am quite pleased with the difference it has made.

I use them daily for my boy. They have really fimed up his poop. Even when he is stressed the poops stay firm and no more stinky gas! I give one level tablespoon in each meal of kibble (A.M. and P.M.) mixed with some warm water to soften the food and carrots first. I use no oil but some people do.

Hi,

I use both the Olewo carrots and the red beets for my girl, Arya. Originally, she had very soft stools that were always a pain to pick up. After I started her on the Olewo products, she was much better--firm feces, no gas, no stomach issues at all. We give her 1 tablespoon of both the carrots and the beets and a teaspoon of coconut oil at each meal (morning and night). The carrots are rehydrated in about a cup of water per tablespoon and I make the carrots/coconut oil mix about 3 days in advance and just keep it in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Arya won't eat it cold, so we have to microwave it for a few seconds. Once that is done, she loves it and licks the bowl clean! I wish you all the best in finding the right solution for your hound!

Where do you purchase them from?

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

I feed it with each meal. Two of ours have poo and gas issues and it's worked magic for them. We feed twice a day so I take a shot glass full of pellets, put it in a cereal bowl and fill with warm water. When it soaks up all the water I slice it into four portions, feed one portion to each dog and put the remainder back in the fridge for the next feeding. Easy peasy!

We get the 5 lb. bag from Amazon and it lasts for months.

Edited by GreytNut

Kristen with

Penguin (L the Penguin) Flying Penske x L Alysana

Costarring The Fabulous Felines: Squeak, Merlin, Bailey & Mystic

68sgSRq.jpg

I don't think you will have an issue with altering her color. It mostly helps with digestive issues and will have minimal, if any, effect on color. Arya has white patches on her chest and they have remained a lovely bright white. Just give the small (1 lb) bag a try and see if it works for you (the small bag lasted about a month for 1 hound, long enough to give it a fair chance to see if it works). If you don't like it, then you can explore other options without having a lot left over.

Edited to add: Here is the link for the testimonials on the Olewo website. It shows photos of several mostly/partially white dogs.

https://www.olewousa.com/testimonials.aspx

Edited by RachelV

• 1 month later...

We use the carrots for our grey, had him nearly 3 months and they are the only thing that helps firm him up and stops gas. He is not happy with the food we were feeding him so are trying new ones mixed in with the old with the carrots.

They did have a shortage a week or so ago, we ran out so could tell within 3 days that he needed more. Pumpkin didn't do much for him, he eats a pretty good quality food too.
He likes the taste of the carrots too. He at the moment gets 2 tablespoons a day, which we cut back once we get results (3 days normally) to 1 tablespoon a day (between two meals.)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest daytonasmom

Daytona doesn't like carrots, so I was afraid he wouldn't eat the Olewo ones and bought a small bag to start. He doesn't notice it at all and eats it right up with his kibble, rice, and turkey. It helps so much with loose stools, also seems to help make his fur softer. I've found I need to make sure we don't skip it very often - it works best for us if he gets it twice a day with each meal.

Horay for olewo! We have had them for awhile and never used them as Our big boy seems to have firmed up with bananas. Our new Girl has had terrible poops for a bunch of reasons so to help along with other stuff but I have to say immediate improvement.

Dino and Stella