Amicar Questions, Important Update Post 32

Sorry Ducky-I have a bunch of Amicar on hand that I could have lent you but, sadly I'm going to need it for my Stan :-(

Thanks. That's OK Tracy - Stan comes first. :grouphug

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Sorry Ducky-I have a bunch of Amicar on hand that I could have lent you but, sadly I'm going to need it for my Stan :-(

Not to hijack, but what's going on with Stan? Is there a thread somewhere?

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Osteo :-(

Oh, I'm so sorry. :(

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Osteo :-(

Nooooo! :(

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Some of the mystery has now been explained by GoodRx. Here's their response to my email. (Bolding is mine)

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention, and I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

In this case, the coupon you printed on GoodRx displayed an incorrect price. While the pharmacy is under contract to provide a discount and the coupon is legitimate, the price shown on the coupon was simply wrong – we were provided an incorrect price, and we did not know it was incorrect at the time you printed the coupon.

It looks like the rights to Amicar were recently purchased by a new company, and the generic was discontinued within the last few weeks. This medication is now brand name only, which means the prices have increased substantially. It also looks like the 1000mg is coming out, but it hasn’t been launched yet. (Note I was trying to get the 500mg since 1000mg wasn't available.)

This issue is rare, and we sincerely apologize for the error. We have taken measures to make sure this does not happen in the future, and we understand that pricing errors on our website are unacceptable.

We have updated the prices for your prescription on our site, and they should be listed correctly within the next 24-48 hours. We are removing pricing for the generic, since it is no longer available, and prices for the brand name should be available once the site updates.

Because your experience using GoodRX means so much to us, we would like to show our apologies by offering you a $20 Amazon gift card. Would this be a good email address to send the gift card to?

We are doing everything in our power to ensure you receive the lowest prices available and that those prices are listed correctly on our website. You can have faith in the prices and coupons that we list, and we hope that you will enjoy using our site in the future to save on your prescriptions.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you, or if you have any other questions or concerns.

Edited by macoduck

tiny hada siggy.png

Please see the update with full information in my new thread: http://forum.greytalk.com/index.php/topic/314761-amicar-shortage-availablility-alternative/

tiny hada siggy.png