Asti Spumante 3/14/08 - 8/13/15

ShantisMom

It's taken me a bit to write this, I was not prepared for this loss. :(. Asti was only 7 and Shanti had just departed last month.

My precious Asti has now joined Shanti and Nala at rainbow bridge. Asti came home as my Mother's Day present. I always wanted a Australian Shepard, Merle with blue eyes. Along came miss bubbly, hence her name. Her first family was allergic to her so she came to my house. Shanti was not pleased! Asti adored Shanti. In time the feeling became mutual.

Asti had a love for water and our pool. She dove in every chance she got from the day we brought her home. The pool fence stayed up just to control her pool parties. :) She loved people, animals and traveling anywhere we went with us in the RV. She was one of those incredible all around dogs.

She blew out her knee in late May and had the harsh TPLO surgery early June. 8 weeks of confinement and healing. 3 days prior to final clearance, Asti was just "off" to me. Final X-rays showed a broken screw and bent plate. Bloodwork sent up red flags. The next two weeks became a roller coaster ride... Up then down then up then down. We administered fluids and antibiotics with little success. Sadly when I was out of state, she came crashing down in my parents care. They took her in and the worst news followed. Tests showed she was completely overrun with cancer. I could not get home quickly and I could not make her suffer. I gave the permission to let her go and God bless my parents for staying with her as she crossed over. I did not want her alone.

I had a dream and she was in it the other night. In the morning I got he call her ashes are in. Her visit to me letting me know she's ok. She is now back home. My heart is still broken as is my kids. We miss her terribly.

Until we meet again Asti, we love you!!!!

39461BCD-09C7-4F50-A7C7-B084019FF6EB.jpg

E409A9C0-F19A-4801-A162-0FA14BFFC39D.jpg

FB317008-C1A5-4450-8BB0-AC3466951F3E_1.j

BA455E08-9992-4ABC-A46D-9D66ECEEE039_1.j

Camping9.jpg

DSC01715.jpg

And two of my favorites, classic Asti!

938867FF-88A7-4109-AF19-BB604477A458.jpg

0D3E7FFF-20E0-4B75-B49A-F66F322211EC.jpg

Edited by ShantisMom

The Girls

I'm so sorry for your loss of beautiful Asti and so soon after Shanti's passing. How difficult it must have been to not be there, but so fortunate that your parents could be with her. I hope her visit has brought you some peace and comfort. Rest well, Asti.

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

Beautiful Asti. I'm so sorry she left so quickly and on the heels of Shanti's passing. I cannot fathom how it must feel. I'm so glad you have a little one at home to help you and your boys heal. That last picture of Shanti and Asti together is just precious. My heart goes out to you and your boys.

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

So sorry for your loss. Just a baby :( .

Godspeed, sweetheart.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

What a wonderful smile on that pretty girl. I'm so sorry, Jenny, that you've had to say see you later to your Asti girl.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

So sorry for your loss...Words never seem enough. :weep

:weep

"Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the day comes God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man."

Persian Proverb

I'm so sorry, for you and for your kids and your parents. Asti was such a lucky girl to be loved by so many people. I love her name, I never put Asti together with the Spumante before, that was such a great name for a wonderful gal!

I'm so very sorry. :grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

I'm so incredibly sorry. You've all been through too much lately, and she was much too young to have to leave.

Godspeed Asti.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

How heartbreaking to lose such a lovely, vital little lady, especially from afar. I lost my Polly when I couldn't be there with her, and it was horrible. But you are right, you couldn't let your precious girl suffer. I'm so sorry.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown