Slim Aka Ruthless - 9 Years Strong

racindog

Slimonstage.jpg

Slim the Man 12/21/99 - 8/15/06

Slim you will always be my STAR. Another year of so much stuff!!!! Another year in which I have needed you more than ever. And another year that you have stood by me. Another year when you have been there when I needed you so.

And I have needed you so much in this horrid year in which both Momma and her daughter Bobber have crossed over. And as if that wasn’t enough I will always be left with the guilt of not having been able to honor my promise to Bobber of not letting her suffer. I will never trust a vet again. Never.

But you have been with me through it all reminding me of past lessons you taught me, like how we really have no control over when you guys leave. We might think we do, but we don’t. And you always make me feel better when I think about the day we will be totally together again.

I need you Slim. Sometimes I need you more than ever. Sometimes I ask you to send me special signs so I know you have not left me. You ALWAYS respond. I see you even helping other people by sending them signs that they recognize and share with me.

You’re a BIG dog Slim. And I still count on you to be there for us. And of course you are. Your family has always been the most important thing to you. And you have superbly demonstrated that you will reach over from the other side to continue to protect us as needed. When I was at work and somebody had knocked Toby out and begun to break in- Minny who was inside called to you—and you came with some of your friends from the other side and drove off the bad guy-just like you did when you were here in body that time and you again had to defend our home and Goldie, who was here with you and was terrified.

This year as I officially post your yearly remembrance I keep being draw to the famous “Guardians of the Night.” That’s what you are Slim. That’s what you have always been and I know always will be.

“I will remain ever silent, ever vigilant, ever loyal.

And when our time together is done

And you move on in the world,

Remember me with kind thoughts and tales. SLIM.jpg

For a time we were unbeatable,

Nothing passed among us undetected.

If we should meet again on another street

I will gladly take up your fight,

I am Slim.

We are the guardians of the night.”

Slim I remember you now not with just ‘kind thoughts and tales’ but with tears and all the love in my heart. I know few people are ever blessed enough to have a soul mate like you:

“Together you and I shall experience

A bond only others like us will understand.

When outsiders see us together,

Their envy will be measured by their disdain.”

Thank you for picking me Slim. Thank you for continuing to watch over and care for me and your family. I love you more than words can express.

Braffy Slim! Braffy!

e6160165-9447-4e36-bc96-0984b20b6668.jpg

:wub:

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

sending hugs, Donna! I know how much your Slim meant to you! :grouphug

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Thanks!!!!(- and I will never forget Nube either).

:) thanks :) hard to believe he'll be gone 3 years the 12th next month. I sure miss my sweet boy. :beatheart

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Remembering your super special, handsome Slim with you. Hugs!

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Your stories about Slim never cease to bring tears to my eyes. He loved you to the moon and back. Hugs.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead