Disk Surgery Again

Lady is have her third disk surgery tomorrow. First one was to take out the disks, second one was to replace the disks with stainless ones and they slipped down…so the third surgery is to put new disks back in again.

Love my neurologist.

Indeed, you are very blessed to have such a knowledgeable vet available. I well know the heartbreak of IVDD and disc issues. Only a few weeks ago my sweet Bobber ruptured a disc. It was my first ruptured disk case so I did not recognize the symptoms even though she presented as a text book case. It was Fri evening when I rushed her to the vet who didn't want to be bothered with her on Friday evening and sent her back home with me! paralyzed and getting worse!- and told me she would be ok-just give her the pred and robaxin. Of course she continued to deteriorate and suffer. The vet of course would not answer my desperate phone calls and messages trying to find out if I should take her to emergency again. I was afraid to move her on my own without checking with a vet again since the vet had just assured me that Bobber was 'fine' and her vital signs were good and I didn't want to cause needless additional harm by moving her again if it was not warranted. She suffered around 4 more hours and died of respiratory arrest alone and by herself. I was in another room. I heard the sighs. It was too late. I had promised her I would never let her suffer. I let her down and failed on my promise because I unknowingly chose an incompetent and uncompassionate vet to take her to in her time of greatest need. I have to live with that everyday. So you'd better appreciate the vet you have because it is more of a rarity than you know to find such a good one. I will be praying for Lady's speedy recovery. Tell her we all love her. God bless you both.

Thank you so much for replying! I am so sorry you went through with all of that a few weeks ago. I can only imagine how you feel. My neurologist's name is Dr. Jason King and thankfully he relocated to Savannah from Charleston, SC. He has operated on DaVid's lower back one time and this will be Lady's 3rd with him. He also told me that Huck had bone cancer (we thought it was a disk problem also)..so, he is like a member of the family. He is extremely compassionate and his staff is too. He has his own MRI machine so no traveling for that. I have full trust in him. Hopefully she will only be there a couple of days and then home. Thanks for praying for her.

Fingers crossed for your pup! Keep us posted.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Hi Nan, I've been thinking about you and Lady. How is she doing?

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Good to hear from you! She is mostly sleeping. He has her on Gabapentin, Trazadone and Tramadol. I told him that she was hurting after the last disk surgery, so I think he is making sure she doesn't hurt this time. He is a great neologist and I am so glad he has moved to Savannah. My main problem is with Mousie..she is a crazy dog! So trying to keep her separated from Lady is a trip. And, Lady does not even like her!