Goodbye Kasey “Kasey” Feb 8, 2003 - Aug 1, 2015

XTRAWLD

What an adventurous, wonderful life Kasey led! I'm so very sorry.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry to hear that Kasey has passed. :( He has always been a favourite of mine here (perhaps because he looks so much like my Summit?). You guys have fought a tough battle for the past little while, and I know it must be simultaneously heartbreaking and relieving that he has moved on to a place without pain or discomfort. If only they never had to get old or sick.

I loved your tribute and all the photos. I laughed through some of it, and cried through the rest.

Run free sweet Kasey.

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds: Kili (ATChC AgMCh Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly RN IP MSCDC MTRDC ExS Bronze ExJ Bronze ) and Kenna (Lakilanni Kiss The Sky RN MADC MJDC AGDC AGEx AGExJ). Waiting at the Bridge: Retired racer Summit (Bbf Dropout) May 5, 2005-Jan 30, 2019

Like us on Facebook!

I am sitting here in tears at your very moving tribute to your beautiful boy. He was the image of my angel Frisby. Could have been twins. I am so sorry for your loss.

What an exceptional dog he was. And what a huge empty space he has left. I'm so sorry you lost your precious Kasey.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest LazyBlaze

Oh :cry1. I'm so sorry. You could not have done more for your beautiful boy, your love for him shines through in every word of your posts. You did everything. Goodbye Kasey, you were a lucky, beautiful boy.

:grouphug

I am just seeing this and am so sorry, I loved your story and have been following along with your struggles, run free Kasey and hugs to you :grouphug:grouphug

med_gallery_14228_2915_582.jpg
Roberta & Michael with Furkids- Flower (Shasta Flowers 6/7/06) & Rascal the kitty - Missing our sweet angels - Max(M's Mad Max) 10/12/02 - 12/3/15, Sara (Sara Raves 6/30/01 - 4/13/12) Queenie & Pandora the kitties - gone but never forgotten

Kasey has come home today. He was cremated on Monday the 10th. I have plans for a proper display and hopefully I can finalize that soon (and will post pics when it's done).

I was doing relatively ok until now. Ryder could smell him on the paw print they gave me and I lost it.

Still guilt ridden, even though anything that could have been done was done. It's been a very difficult adjustment going from waiting on him hand and paw to not having any routine that includes him. Also telling random people we see on our walks the news, many that knew the greyhounds that walked 4 times a day in the community.

Ryder has also had a difficult time, but is getting better. He started playing with toys again, but is confused about his feeding station changing location, taking up residence in Kasey's old spot. I'm hoping he comes around to that one. He still stares out, nearly searching at odd times and as a result I am certain Kasey's spirit has visited our quiet home.

Thank you all for your kind words. I hope he's running around up there like the goofball he is, meeting the ones that have passed before him and greeting the ones that have newly joined him.

Proudly owned by:
10 year old "Ryder" CR Redman Gotcha May 2010
12.5 year old Angel "Kasey" Goodbye Kasey Gotcha July 2005-Aug 1, 2015

• 5 months later...

Happy 13th Birthday Kasey. I'm sorry I couldn't help you make it to this milestone.

Love you nunnie, miss you everyday. Thanks for visiting me now and again - it makes my heart happy through my tears. Ryder also still looks for you, I'm glad you come by to visit him too.

Edited by XTRAWLD

Proudly owned by:

:grouphug Thinking of you.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

• 5 months later...

It's been a full year since he's been gone. Still feels like yesterday. I never knew how much it would hurt, and it hurt so badly for the first 8 months, and again today. I miss the hound that would settle in the crook of my arm for a hug, and push his head and body into me while we slept. I even miss waiting on him hand and paw.

I completed his memory box in April, and set him up with his stuffies on a shelf in my living room.

IMG_20160423_2049221_zpsluknbfsb.jpg

The enormity of how much Ryder and I miss you is not something I would have been able to comprehend while you were around. Ryder hasn't been the same, he misses his big brother, a stable rock that helped guide him. Keep sending us your rainbows. I hope you found grandpa and you are keeping eachother company.

Hug your hounds.

Proudly owned by:

:grouphug I understand the pain

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

:bighug to you and Ryder on this day.

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

:grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Far from being lengthy your tribute was most beautiful and extremely moving. Wow- what a VERY special fellow is Kasey! I laughed at his swimming exploits and sun window car surfing and cried when his leg swelled up. My deepest sympathy. He will be with you always. Clearly he's an angel dog and now has his wings. Love that powerful conquers all- even death.

:f_red :f_red :f_red :f_red :grouphug

"For love is as strong as death....
Many waters cannot quench love, nor can the floods drown it.
If a man would give for love all the wealth of his house, it would be utterly despised."

-Song of Solomon 8:6-7

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
"What we have enjoyed we can never lose…All that we love deeply becomes a part of us."-Helen Keller