What Size Diapers?

Guest FordRacingRon

Guest FordRacingRon

Leia is having trouble at night when in a deep sleep. Wets the bed or what have you maybe once or twice a week. She is about 68-69 pounds, a pretty big (tall) girl. I would like to try those Daisy Dukes people have talked about but am clueless where to get them so far now I need a diaper of something for night time but have no idea what size to get. We put pee pads under her but of course she can't hit them all the time.

Help me!

I can remember some folks recommending the "bad girl panties" from Camp Greyhound. Link: http://www.freewebs.com/awesomepaws/whatsnew.htm (scroll to the bottom) It looks like they make them custom to your girl's measurements.

Laura, mom to Luna (Boc's Duchess) and Nova (Atascocita Venus).
Forever in my heart, Phantom (Tequila Nights) and Zippy (Iruska Monte).

Guest FordRacingRon

Why not medicate her for spay incontintence? (Assuming other health issues, uti were ruled out). DES or incurin are two options (I'll never endorse proin/ppa for a gh).

To be honest,,with a 12 1/4 year old greyhound that we have spent thousands on and have reached our limit, my DW doesn't want vet things anymore, she wants "nature" to take it's course which means no vets unless something extraordinary happens as in an injury.

Leia takes Valium or Trazadone in the night/evening because of her hyperactivity and I am 99% sure what happens is she eventually gets so relaxed she forgets to wake us or she doesn't wake up. She did this a while back and she in fact did not have a UTI.

Guest FordRacingRon

I can remember some folks recommending the "bad girl panties" from Camp Greyhound. Link: http://www.freewebs.com/awesomepaws/whatsnew.htm (scroll to the bottom) It looks like they make them custom to your girl's measurements.

This is sort of what I was looking for. I emailed them to see if they still do these. I also thought about those Daisy dukes but years ago when Leia was young people on this board talked about them all the time,,now I find nothing.

I guess when we get the age she is in people years,,,90% of us will be wearing these at night time too !

• 1 year later...

I found these too:

http://www.dogquality.com/products/washable-wonders-dog-diaper-female?amz=amazon-pads&cpc=cpc&SKU=DD-209

I really need help in sizing though,,,,if I measure her waist won't she end up with a diaper that fits a dachsund?

Hi, did you ever order diapers from Washable Wonders? I was wondering if/how you successfully chose a size to order. Thanks!

My first thought is how long has she been on the two drugs she's currently taking. If it's years, has she been reevaluated? At her age, seems to me she should be calming down a lot. If she can be taken off one of the drugs, then it might be an even swap money wise to put her on an incontinence drug. Also, if Leia has an ailment that can be diagnosed and medicated, she deserves that treatment if at all possible. IMO, letting nature take its course might apply to a cancer that is totally out of control, but IF a pill can help her, it's worth it. I believe that even with diapers, she's going to smell.

Guest FordRacingRon

Wow,,long time for a follow up. She actually stopped the incontinence the day her diapers showed up in the mail and hasn't had the problem since.