Jake's New Sister Miss May

Jake has been lonely since Chase left, and I waited and waited for someone to come because they always do. Well, for almost two years no one came. None of my friends called saying, "I have a dog that I think is supposed to be with you." With the exception of Jake-- who I found in a post on GT -- and Vinnie who was our first and strictly by the book, this is how it always works at our house. We've never had a girlie since our first dog 35 years ago. All boys. All breeds. Always.

So, one day on my Facebook this goofy picture popped up on my homepage. She made be belly laugh. I saw her and fell in love ... and I watched her for six weeks. I wasn't sure if DH was ready. He did the hospice for Chase and it was really rough. When he saw her he laughed, and then nothing... for a few weeks. Then he started to ask about her. Finally, last Saturday we drove Jake to see her at a M&G. They didn't know we were coming. When Jake and I walked out, May was following us. We were approved with lightening speed, and she came home last Sunday.

May is soft like a bunny, stripy, gentle, and whines a tiny bit like Vinnie. She is passionate about her toys and plays endlessly with them like Rex. She is silly like Red. She checks in on us and has a crate like Chase. She is from Texas and smaller like Jake. She raced in Mobile, just turned two in May, and has floppy ears: right, left, forward, both front and back at the same time, and folded on top of her head. Though I see a little bit of all our greys in her, she is still unique. May is cuddly, nosey, and zigs when I zag. We haven't brought anyone new home for 6 1/2 years, so we are trying to remember everything all at once, but most of our routine has been the same over the years. :)

I am glad the Universe thought it was time :) Meet CTW Miss May :heart (Diane will post pics for me when she can :) )

vr2a.jpg
Tonya, mom to May, and my angels Vinnie, Rex, Red, Chase, and Jake.

Congratulations May sounds like the perfect fit. Can't wait to see her.

groupwindia-greytalk2.jpg

The handsome boy Brady, mid-morning nap. The sun, the sun feels so, so, so good.

I can't keep my eyes open ... ... Retirement agrees ...

... and the Diva Ms India, 2001 - 10/16/2009 ....

Congratulations!

I'm looking forward to the pics. :)

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

<<Though I see a little bit of all our greys in her, she is still unique.>> :)

Welcome, Miss May! Have fun wrapping all of your new family around your little dew claw.

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Congratulations!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Thanks all :)

Ellen, I just noticed today that she doesn't have dew claws :rolleyes: Talk about not being observant. Jake noticed yesterday she doesn't have a wiener. He hasn't quite figured out what she does have, but that's ok. The puzzled look on his face was priceless :lol

vr2a.jpg

Look at those earsies :beatheart :beatheart

Those ears are everything I was hoping they'd be :) My boy doesn't have dew claws either :dunno

Fletcher didn't have dewclaws either, which was a good thing because he was such a klutz! Sometimes they are removed when the puppies are just a few days old.

I know, Diane!!! And thanks for posting the pictures for me.

Re: ears

I think I will work on doing a photographic study on the Many ears of May :lol She has so many combinations, so it will take me awhile.

Chase didn't have dew claws, and I don't think Red did either. I prefer them that way :)

vr2a.jpg

May is so adorable! I love her many ear styles!

groupwindia-greytalk2.jpg

The handsome boy Brady, mid-morning nap. The sun, the sun feels so, so, so good.

I can't keep my eyes open ... ... Retirement agrees ...

... and the Diva Ms India, 2001 - 10/16/2009 ....

She is stunning! And I love her ears -- will look forward to the pictoral anthology of her stylings.

<<I just noticed today that she doesn't have dew claws :rolleyes: Talk about not being observant. Jake noticed yesterday she doesn't have a wiener.>> Besides his puzzlement, how are they getting along so far? She looks very confident in those pics.

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Thanks all :)

Ellen, May and Jake are doing very well. They're starting to move through the house as a unit. She is learning not to barge through him, and he is sitting with her when she has crate time. I go to school tomorrow, so we'll see how they do when Dad's in charge. :lol

vr2a.jpg