Oh Mercy! Meet Percy!

Since Mikey left us it was just a matter of time before another old boy found his way here. Surprising there was a shortage of old boys who were small dog safe. The few I'd found lived far far away. Each of them looked lovely but none of them "clicked" until I saw Percy.

percy_zpst93kmqwm.jpg

He was found running the streets in Florida and landed in an animal shelter. Thanks to Carol Rizzo he got pulled and was taken in by the wonderful folks at the GPA Senior Sanctuary. I'm a sucker for hard luck stories and this boy sure had one. Skin sores, ear infection, pee shooter troubles and missing all but 8 teeth he looked perfect to me.

I had some concerns about him having to travel so far to get here. Debby and JC from GPA-SS met me halfway and assured me that Percy coming to me opened up space for other elderly returns to come in.

Percy traveled well and is getting along fine with Mazy and iggy Charlie. He's a few months shy of being 12, is very sweet and looks like he has "Bubba teef". :P

041_zpsbunp160o.jpg

039_zpss5nhoync.jpg023_zpshx8mnthc.jpg

027_zps5m8fxthb.jpg

034_zpsnit0bau8.jpg

Edited by macoduck

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Percy looks settled already, as tho he has lived with you since forever. :beatheart Ducky, you're the best. Welcome home Percy. All is well now, sweet boy :kiss2

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Guest PiagetsMom

I'm very happy for Percy, and I don't think I can put into words how wonderful you are to open your heart and home to him. Congratulations! :grouphug

Well that made me smile! :)

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

What a sweet boy. He is dangerous, though. A smile like that could wrap me around his paws. I can't resisit their charm when they get older and wiser.

My old boy Colin (11) is the master manipulator.

Sorry for butchering the english language. I try to keep the mistakes to a minimum.

Nadine with Paddy (Zippy Mullane), Saoirse (Lizzie Be Nice), Abu (Cillowen Abu) and bridge angels Colin (Dessies Hero) and Andy (Riot Officer).

Congratulations Percy, you are going to love your new home!

groupwindia-greytalk2.jpg

The handsome boy Brady, mid-morning nap. The sun, the sun feels so, so, so good.

I can't keep my eyes open ... ... Retirement agrees ...

... and the Diva Ms India, 2001 - 10/16/2009 ....