Worried About Sam

Last night on our way to bed Sam, who is 13, had trouble walking and had to be helped. He has very shaky hind end even at a good time but this was more. Looked him over and his left hind foot swollen and above to the joint (I would call it ankle in us maybe). This morning still very swollen, but on examining it the pain is not in the paw where I thought it would be but further up like a 2-3 inches above the paw. Waiting for vet to open, hoping it is an infection. Does osteo sometimes present like this? Any thoughts? He cannot put weight on that foot.

I don't know if i have any answers to your questions, but, just want to wish Sam well. I am just around the corner, if you need me.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

We had to let Sam go. It was not what I had hoped, an infection, instead the paw had begun oozing fluid and blood because there was a blockage further up. This all due, the vet suspects, to a tumor beneath the spine which had grown and was cutting off the circulation to the leg. He had enlarged lymph nodes in the groin area as well. He was definitely in stress and altho the vet said we could try some meds but he thought we would be back tomorrow or certainly in a week. It would have been selfish to put Sam through another day or week knowing what was happening. He was a sweet boy and I will post in remembrance in the next day or so.

:(

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

:( I'm so sorry. Hugs to you in your loss.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I am so very sorry.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

I am so very sorry for your loss.

Sorry for butchering the english language. I try to keep the mistakes to a minimum.

Nadine with Paddy (Zippy Mullane), Saoirse (Lizzie Be Nice), Abu (Cillowen Abu) and bridge angels Colin (Dessies Hero) and Andy (Riot Officer).

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Bespoke1

We are new to the forum but our first post is to say how very sorry we are about Sam. Please take comfort that your precious boy is no longer in pAin and you did the best thing for him. So so sorry, Mary and Manny

I am so sorry for your loss. Last year we had to let our Sam go. He had osteo. We kept him pain free as long as we could, I still cry when I think of him. He was such a joy and sweet. He one time had ten kids petting him at the park and he was so gentle . We have a new male, he makes me laugh every day, but cannot take Sams place. Gotta go, tears now.