Kidney Disease And Lumbar Sacral Stenosis

We have been fighting the battle of LS for almost 2 years with my sweet Max, he started on Metacam 1st almost 3 years ago and then we discontinued because he was vomiting and losing weight. Last year at this time we did bloodwork before a dental and it revealed elevated Liver numbers, we took him off Metacam and also had an ultrasound done of Liver, Spleen, Kidneys, Spleen was mottled and other organs ok, we waited 2 weeks and did a repeat of his blood work and numbers were good so we went ahead and did Dental, he was almost 12 @ the time. His LS has gotten really bad and he started falling so we put him on Rimadyl in December and then added Gabapentin in February, have covered every hardwood floor and built a special step to get in van so he could continue coming for walks. Fast forward to May, Max is struggling with steps out to yard to potty, not wanting to eat, lethargic, coming in van for walks with Flower but very short walkies. We have decided its too hard and stressful for him to go to the Vet so we have a Mobile Vet who has done a complete evaluation on him, bloodwork and Urinalysis and Creatnine/Protein ratio 2 weeks ago revealed that he has lost more than 75% of his Kidney function and that he is dumping Protein in his Urine, PLN, proteinuria. We are struggling with all of this and trying to keep him comfortable, we have taken him off Rimadyl and he is on Gabapentin, Tramadol, Enalapril and baby aspirin for his Kidneys and have changed his diet to lower protein. He has always been a picky eater so I am still giving bits of meat and salmon oil, trout treats with Omega's and Cosequin. Not sure what else I can do but I have been doing Reiki on him and have tried to tell him during our sessions that it's ok to "Let Go", that Mommy will be ok. He is my 1st Greyhound, the one that started my obsession with the Breed and I got him when he was 2, he will be 13 in October but I am not sure his body will make that date :( I so wish that I could carry him around but he is literally one of the tallest Greyhounds, 32" @ the shoulder and like a small pony, it's not possible. Please keep Max in your prayers.

med_gallery_14228_2915_582.jpg
Roberta & Michael with Furkids- Flower (Shasta Flowers 6/7/06) & Rascal the kitty - Missing our sweet angels - Max(M's Mad Max) 10/12/02 - 12/3/15, Sara (Sara Raves 6/30/01 - 4/13/12) Queenie & Pandora the kitties - gone but never forgotten

Thanks, he seems to like the canned low protein food and I am mixing with a dry too and bits of other goodies, breaking out into 3 meals so it isn't as hard on his Kidneys, he is eating better last few days, it's a roller coaster ride with him, some days are better than others...

med_gallery_14228_2915_582.jpg
Roberta & Michael with Furkids- Flower (Shasta Flowers 6/7/06) & Rascal the kitty - Missing our sweet angels - Max(M's Mad Max) 10/12/02 - 12/3/15, Sara (Sara Raves 6/30/01 - 4/13/12) Queenie & Pandora the kitties - gone but never forgotten

Sending good thoughts. A harness 24/7 was helpful for dear Nutmeg in her late stages of lumbar stenosis.

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter