Fresh Factors Vs Kirkland Glucosamine/msm

I didn't want to hijack the other thread, but I wondered if anyone has given both of these to their pups and if so, did one work better than the other.

Ben is 13 y/o and has not liked any powdered form of joint supplements in the past, so I hesitate to spend a lot of money, but would be willing to purchase tablets.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Fresh Factors is different, so you are not comparing like products. Fresh Factors has chondroitin (from bovine, not shark). They are tablets and most dogs will eat them as treats.

Be careful if you do use MSM that you stop it if you have to give prednisone for any reason.

I personally have not seen any result from glucosamine but have from Fresh Factors.

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

I didn't want to hijack the other thread, but I wondered if anyone has given both of these to their pups and if so, did one work better than the other.

Ben is 13 y/o and has not liked any powdered form of joint supplements in the past, so I hesitate to spend a lot of money, but would be willing to purchase tablets.

You coulda hijacked it, I wouldn't mind ;) At least I think you meant mine. Fresh Factors tablets have a smell the the Joint Health don't, and my dogs will readily eat FF and turn their nose up at JH. Ben might enjoy it!

Be careful if you do use MSM that you stop it if you have to give prednisone for any reason.

What relation does this have with pred? I've given both to Kasey for 7 years without a (known) issue.

Proudly owned by:
10 year old "Ryder" CR Redman Gotcha May 2010
12.5 year old Angel "Kasey" Goodbye Kasey Gotcha July 2005-Aug 1, 2015

What relation does this have with pred? I've given both to Kasey for 7 years without a (known) issue.

I've seen this mentioned a couple times on here, but I haven't come across any info to indicate that there's an absolute contraindication for using pred and MSM together. When I did a little research into the source of this concern, what I was told is that MSM has some COX-2 inhibitory effects like NSAIDS and can interact with pred. However, it doesn't seem to be a problem for all dogs, and perhaps just for a small percentage with sensitive GI tracts. From what I can find, it doesn't seem like it's been proven that MSM has much COX-2 effect and if it does, it's pretty mild compared to NSAIDs.

Jennifer &

Willow (Wilma Waggle), Wiki (Wiki Hard Ten), Carter (Let's Get It On),

Ollie (whippet), Gracie (whippet x), & Terra (whippet) + Just Saying + Just Alice

gtsig3.jpg

Fresh Factors is different, so you are not comparing like products. Fresh Factors has chondroitin (from bovine, not shark). They are tablets and most dogs will eat them as treats.

I personally have not seen any result from glucosamine but have from Fresh Factors.

You are exactly right Burpdog. I might add that you get what you pay for.