Watching And Waiting On A Racing Doggie

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Greyt_dog_lover

Yes, i believe the record for waiting the longest is now in my court, and it will be at LEAST another 20 months or so. here is a photo of my lovely little (not so little) girl - O Ya Jennifer:

oYa%20Jennifer%20pregnant.jpg

she is very pregnant, i dont know the due date, but from the looks, i would say in the next month or so. Her owner says he will wait for her litter to hit the track to decide if he wants to breed her a second time, so that is why it will be at least 18-20 months from now.

Edited by Greyt_dog_lover

Poor momma dog!! Let us know when you hear how she does.

Makes me glad my pre-adopts have all been boys.

sig%20march%2015_zpsgicdhakq.jpg
Wingnut (DC Wingnut), Voo Doo (Voo Doo von Bonz), Barb (Myokie Barb) & Romey (Nose Stradamus)
at the bridge Molly (CM Blondie) 9/8/14, Maddy (Reuniting) 10/17/13, Rocky (Ranco Popeye) 1/7/12, Mimi (Flying Ringneck) 8/13/09 and RJ (RJ What For) 5/3/05

Pizza Joint raced this afternoon (race 10 post 2) and WON! She hasn't won an A race in a while. I'm proud of her :D

That was a huge race. While there was a jam up in back of her it really didn't matter as there was no catching her today. So she is on to AA. Hopefully she doesn't draw in against the real iron.

She is the 2 dog.

http://www.trackinfo.com/video-box.jsp?raceid=gwd%2420150725a10&runnername=Pizza+Joint

I got to watch her LIVE tonight! It was wonderful. She's so impressive. I couldn't get any photos of her running (too dark and I'm not that knowledgable about my camera :lol I really ought to get a book or something) but I took a lead out photo.

tumblr_nssm67epUW1s3xj43o1_1280.jpg

She came in fourth! I think she got bumped in the first turn (I couldn't see - there was an umbrella in my way! Someone said "Oh, they got bumped!") but seemed to recover from it just fine.

Mom of bridge babies Regis and Dusty.

Wrote a book about shelter dogs!

I sell things on Etsy!

Wow, I had no idea the winner was that good! I spent the whole race staring at Tessa, so I didn't see much of anything else that happened :lol I talked to her trainer today and he was very happy with her performance in a AA race. He's still trying to find out who's going to breed her and put me in touch. I'm just so happy he didn't forget! I brought him a giant box of milkbones for the kennel.

Oh, and I met Tessa's brother today! He's up for adoption at the GPA facility at Wheeling. I had no idea he was there! Our tour group was wandering around and admiring the dogs (and petting a few with the permission of the attendant) and I spotted his name and nearly squealed because I recognized it immediately (their litter is full of memorable names - Pizza Joint, Oyster Bar, Final Vote, etc). He's Oyster Bar but they call him Landis (which is much better than both Oyster and Bar :lol)

tumblr_nsu7j8tlpN1s3xj43o1_540.jpg

(It looks like I'm holding on to his snout - I'm not! I cupped his chin to get the picture. He later bumped me with his head for more pets, so he did actually like me. Ha!)

Edited by Roo

Mom of bridge babies Regis and Dusty.

Wrote a book about shelter dogs!

I sell things on Etsy!

How exciting to get to watch Pizza Joint in person

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

• 1 month later...
Guest Greyt_dog_lover

Update on O Ya Jennifer:

She is a momma now. I got a message on Friday of last week that she had 3 males and 3 females. 5 brindle/1 white w/brindle. Asked about photos, I will post if i receive any.

Ahh - while at wheeling watching AA did you happen to see wins Jayhawks? He's doing great in AA - so happy for him. We are going to derby lane mid-October and we will get to meet his brother beware of phog - whom we really hope to adopt when he retires. Phog is still injured.....ran a schooling race the end of August and got second, but scratched his second schooling race that was scheduled. We have already made contact with phogs trainer and will get to meet him and have some time with him in October - I'll keep you posted :)