Meet Cooper (Aka Coopernikis)

Wow, I can't believe someone would abandon such a sweet pup. Was he in a local shelter? What an extremely lucky pup to have found you. Whatever time he has left, he will be allowed to live to the fullest. Thanks for taking him in. Thank goodness for people like you :beatheart

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's gorgeous. More to the point, he's unbelievably blessed to be able to spend his final years with you. I bet he's already forgetting his past and looking forward to a much healthier and happier future.

I love the oldies. :beatheart:

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Wow, I can't believe someone would abandon such a sweet pup. Was he in a local shelter? What an extremely lucky pup to have found you. Whatever time he has left, he will be allowed to live to the fullest. Thanks for taking him in. Thank goodness for people like you :beatheart

He was in a local shelter. Actually he was at a boarding facility near Montreal and his family didn't want him back when they got back from vacation :angryfire

The boarding place had no choice but to bring him to a shelter...

What a lucky boy to have you come to his rescue! Thank you for taking this sweet old boy in and showing him the good life.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest MurphysMom

He was in a local shelter. Actually he was at a boarding facility near Montreal and his family didn't want him back when they got back from vacation :angryfire

Oh my gosh, that is just awful :brokenheart he must have been so heartbroken. thank you for saving him!!!

Guest PiagetsMom

So many of us are asked if we rescued our pups. These are the times when the term "rescue" is most applicable to me. I will never understand how people can do something like this, and yet I know that Cooper will be so much better off there with you, so maybe it's just as well that they did.

This just doesn't compute- my favorite part of coming back from vacation is getting to see Jake's happy face! It's good that he isn't with that family anymore if that's how they felt about him.

jakesigsmall_zps254e191c.jpg

Photographer in Phoenix, AZ www.northmountainphoto.com

Congratulations to all of you - I am so happy you found each other! Seniors are the best :beatheart:beatheart:beatheart:beatheart:beatheart:beatheart:beatheart:beatheart

Jackie with Tangerine and Chimes

Always missing Gracie, Steely, Annie, Payne, Twilite, Janey Bug, Bindi, Sophie, and Dazzle

So many of us are asked if we rescued our pups. These are the times when the term "rescue" is most applicable to me. I will never understand how people can do something like this, and yet I know that Cooper will be so much better off there with you, so maybe it's just as well that they did.

Yes when we are walking the 3 hounds and folks say "oh did you rescue them" we point to Cooper and say "just him, from bad adopters. The others were treated with great care and kindness until they retired and came to us".

(folks don't know what to say after that LOL)

Congrats on the new addition! He is very hansome! Thank you for taking a chance with a senior hound! They are the best aren't they!

Sarah, mom to Stella and Winston . And to Prince, Katie Z, Malone, Brooke, Freddie, Angel and Fast who are all waiting at the Bridge!

www.gpawisconsin.org

OMG**BBQ! Abandoning a sweet pupper like him after a vacation?!!!

Seriously, the more people I meet, the more I prefer my dog. So glad he has a wonderful place to be clean, happy, (naughty) and safe.

Keep the pics coming, thank you for being one of those people that keeps me from giving up on humans entirely. *sigh*

Edited by Willowsmum

He has a beautiful face....

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Guest ShanYu

What kind of people would do such a thing? Makes me so sad and angry. Bless you both for giving this beautiful dog a home. You are good people. (But of course all of us here know that.)

Welcome Home Cooper :D

I have a small sign on my bookshelf that says "The more I know about people, the more I Love my Horse"

:)

Just replace 'Horse' with 'Dog' ....

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

:censored

I hope you were able to get the name of his former "family" so that you can warn adoption groups and/or shelters to put them on a "do not adopt list" to prevent this from happening again to another dog!

Edited by greylyn

:censored

I hope you were able to get the name of his former "family" so that you can warn adoption groups and/or shelters to put them on a "do not adopt list" to prevent this from happening again to another dog!

No unfortunately not. He was certainly not adopted through our group and the kill shelter (now that's an oxymoron if i've ever heard one) didn't have any information on him.

WHen I've got more time I will try to see if he was adopted out by the other group here in Montreal, but they probably won't give me any info (stoopid politics)