Kennel Cough?

It looks like Redbo's doing okay so far! His pathology results for the lumps came back pretty unremarkable (reactive lymphoid hyperplasia) with no evidence of neoplasia or infectious disease. His chest x-rays came back clear, but the radiologist did note that his liver is small (???) and recommended we check his liver numbers.

Now that we know this isn't kennel cough or an alien trying to break out of his chest, the vet is putting him on Prednisone for 5-7 days with a follow-up next week. If he isn't doing better by then (with sneezing and lumps), she's recommending a scope up (down?) his nose. Poor baby :( .

popos_zpsgq0lbak1.png

Glad to hear that whatever it was is starting to resolve. Beware the side effects of the pred :-(. Regarding the liver--it's not uncommon to hear of smaller livers and larger spleens with our guys. Blood work is a wonderful idea--for no other reason but, to get baseline levels.

I'm sorry that you have to deal with prednisone! Our non-grey was on it for almost 6 months and it was a nightmare of trying to curtail her drinking (causes extreme thirst) and yet let Monty have enough access to water himself. And the peeing!! My husband and I were just about dead from lack of sleep because even with our attempts to limit her water intake somewhat, she still needed to be walked every two hours. Day and night. It did take a couple of days to get that bad, so hopefully a short course will not have that extreme of an effect. That said, you might want to dust off that beautiful belly band, just in case.

I hope he is feeling better.

Redbo is actually feeling much better! His sneezing has decreased dramatically in the past 36 hours, and one lump is gone with the other getting smaller everyday.

With that said, we gave him his first dose of Prednisone at noon. I've read up on the side effects, and they sound very un-fun for pup and owner alike. I'm going to ask our vet in the morning, but I'm wondering if this is something we want to give to Redbo since it seems like he's getting better with time and antibiotics. :dunno

popos_zpsgq0lbak1.png