We Are New

:wave from Ontario, Canada

You have a very handsome pack of hounds

:)

My Group in Ottawa shipped a few Irish hounds over here last year.

I met two of them a couple of weeks ago at our annual picnic. They were both red/fawn with the 'snowflake' patterned coats.

Here they are together again at the picnic... well... it's actually just their butts ;)

11214180_912744492102483_226193377449387

Gorgeous!

I also thought their tails were a little bit shorter than our hounds from the US.

Edited by BatterseaBrindl

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Welcome from Chicago -- and your pups are gorgeous!

And I promise that even my van couldn't handle crates for my dogs (although I admit that my hounds both made it very clear that they do NOT want to be in a crate again, thank you very much).

Welcome to greytalk from NJ!

Your first two boys are handsome! My boy has similar "tuxedo" marking. One of these days we'll have to get him a bow tie to complete the look.

Your third boy is absolutely striking! Wow! We don't see many that color over here!

Please cover the tops of their heads with kisses for me! :beatheart

Interesting about the crates. Our boy has run of the house. If we need to "corral" him we use baby gates or two chairs in front of the doorway and that discourages him from entering.

Funny thing I noticed is it's strange for me to see dogs without their collars on… they look "naked" to me. :eek (Our yard isn't fully fenced, so we always have tags on just in case of an escape)

Edited by Willowsmum

Welcome to greytalk from NJ!

Your first two boys are handsome! My boy has similar "tuxedo" marking. One of these days we'll have to get him a bow tie to complete the look.

Your third boy is absolutely striking! Wow! We don't see many that color over here!

Please cover the tops of their heads with kisses for me! :beatheart

Interesting about the crates. Our boy has run of the house. If we need to "corral" him we use baby gates or two chairs in front of the doorway and that discourages him from entering.

Funny thing I noticed is it's strange for me to see dogs without their collars on… they look "naked" to me. :eek (Our yard isn't fully fenced, so we always have tags on just in case of an escape)

I only use a collar in the house, when a new grey or a visiting dog comes to our home, for safety reasons. Every other day they go "naked". Our yard is completely fenced, therefor there is no danger of anyone leaving without me knowing.

In the house my boys have access to every room, except the bathrooms, but only because they do not want to get trapped in there, eek water. I recognized that rooms which they can roam freely but have no places to roach, are not interesting after a first inspection. Paddy, the blue one, was the only grey who followed me from room to room, even to the cellar and the attic.

It is interesting how different the handling in relation to our greys is in different countries. Here it is pretty normal to only wear collars when walking and many greys even can enjoy their walks off leash, but only when there is no game.

Sorry for butchering the english language. I try to keep the mistakes to a minimum.

Nadine with Paddy (Zippy Mullane), Saoirse (Lizzie Be Nice), Abu (Cillowen Abu) and bridge angels Colin (Dessies Hero) and Andy (Riot Officer).

Wilkommen!

<<In the house my boys have access to every room, except the bathrooms, but only because they do not want to get trapped in there, eek water. I recognized that rooms which they can roam freely but have no places to roach, are not interesting after a first inspection.>>

It is unusual in North America to have greyhounds who do not follow their humans into bathrooms. All we can guess is that they are afraid we might try to escape without them.

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

What beautiful Greyhounds you have and welcome from Richmond VA.

groupwindia-greytalk2.jpg

The handsome boy Brady, mid-morning nap. The sun, the sun feels so, so, so good.

I can't keep my eyes open ... ... Retirement agrees ...

... and the Diva Ms India, 2001 - 10/16/2009 ....

Just beautiful! Welcome!

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.