We Are New

Hallo,

we are new here. We are my three sweet irish ex-racers and me, their devoted greyhound-mum. Since we live in Germany please excuse my grammar and spelling, because I'm not a native speaker.

In my home there are Colin (10), Andy (9) and Paddy (6), two black and one blue grey. I'm going to post some photos, as soon as I have learned how to do it.

Sorry for butchering the english language. I try to keep the mistakes to a minimum.

Nadine with Paddy (Zippy Mullane), Saoirse (Lizzie Be Nice), Abu (Cillowen Abu) and bridge angels Colin (Dessies Hero) and Andy (Riot Officer).

Guest Memphsmom

Welcome! Your grammar and spelling are fine and I can't wait to see pictures of your sweet Irish ex-racers, they sound lovey.

Welcome!! From Paddy Mayhem + his roommates!

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Welcome to Greytalk. I am also looking forward to seeing pictures of your pack.

groupwindia-greytalk2.jpg

The handsome boy Brady, mid-morning nap. The sun, the sun feels so, so, so good.

I can't keep my eyes open ... ... Retirement agrees ...

... and the Diva Ms India, 2001 - 10/16/2009 ....

Okay, I give it a try. This is a picture of Colin aka Dessie's Hero (left) and Andy aka Riot Officer in our garden. I hope I do it right. If it is wrong please excuse me. I'm trying my best.

22362270hu.jpg

My hounds are from Ireland, because we do not have a racing industry in Germany. It ist against the law to bet on dogs and therefor the greyhounds here live like every other breed of dogs with their owners at home. Sighthound owners are known for spoiling their dogs, like letting them sleep on the sofa, choosing the new car for enough room for all their dogs and spending money on things their dogs need, like new collars, leashes, coats and so on.

I guess we are the same where ever we live.

Sorry for butchering the english language. I try to keep the mistakes to a minimum.

Nadine with Paddy (Zippy Mullane), Saoirse (Lizzie Be Nice), Abu (Cillowen Abu) and bridge angels Colin (Dessies Hero) and Andy (Riot Officer).

Yes, we are the same everywhere, spoiling our dogs. :D Your dogs are very handsome. Welcome!

Camp Broodie with tuxedo Summer 12 and tuxedo Dio 6

Missing KC Kitty 2000-2016, Myka and part of my heart 2006-2020, and Saint YellBoy 2014-2020

And this is Paddy aka Zippy Mullane.

22362561fm.jpg

His foster mum, a friend of mine, called me one day and asked me, if I wanted a third dog. I went for just a look, he captured my heart and I took him home.

She wanted to keep him at her home, but he always raced her husband on the way to the fridge and always won. Husband was not amused. My luck - Paddy is a funny hound, who loves to cuddle and is friendly to everyone, including small and fluffy dogs.

Hello and welcome! All three are gorgeous!

Kendra, devoted walker of Henry (Tom Jones: Great Son x Lucia)

Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/04 - 2/14, who opened our hearts and our home to greyhounds; Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/03 - 10/14, who really knew what a good dog she was; Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb), 9/10 - 1/20, who was grumpy and snarky but eventually a little bit cuddly, too; Grandpa Grey the Galgo Español, 2008 (?) to 2022, who made us feel lucky to be the ones to teach him about pet life; and Lucia (Larking About x Anastasia, 5/12 to 8/23), our first brood matron and the sweetest speckly girl. 

Welcome to you and your three handsome Irish lads!

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Welcome from Canada. I love that you adopted Irish Greyhounds! I have friends here who adopted an Irish Greyhound from an Ontario adoption group and hope many people learn more about them and want to adopt them.

There's a Facebook group, FIG, Flying Irish Greyhounds, who encourage people to post pics of their Irish Greyhounds so more people all over the world can see what great pets they make. I posted the links below if you want to know where to post more pics.

https://www.facebook.com/flyingirishgreyhounds?fref=ts

http://www.flyingirishgreyhounds.com/about-fig/

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Thank you very much for the warm welcome. It is very interesting to read about how greyhounds live in other countries, for example I do not know anyone who has a crate at home for their grey, not even in their car. I guess, everything is a bit smaller here.

I was just looking at the pictures on the FIG website. I know the "snowflake" pattern is more common on Irish greyhounds, but Imhave only ever seen it on black dogs. This was the first time I had seen it on a fawn!

Welcome to GT, your boys are gorgeous :beatheart , and sorry for the topic hijack :)