Did I Find The Holy Grail Of Dog Food?

Okay ... I wanted to wait a couple months - go through a few bags of dog food and make sure it was really true before I shared this!

I have always had problems with soft poo with all my greyhounds. And I've went through many brands over the years with so so results.

I found a food that not only produces stools that are like tootsie rolls and practically bounce when they hit the ground - they are NOT attractive to or eaten by my two dogs that are were poop eaters!

I've solved both the problem of feces eating and soft stools in one food! Woo Hoo !!!!!

Now for those who want to know the secret - We are now feeding the Diamond Naturals Whitefish and Sweet Potato kibble.

The dogs eat it like it is doggy crack, and my three greyhound have never had better poops. My girls can get turned out without muzzles and stool guards now .... yay!!!

gus-rainy-1.jpg?1449508527184&1449508632
CORY and CRICKET - Solitary Tremble & CASPER - Pj's Mia Farrow
* With CAPT. GUS - Solitary Trigger, RAINY - Peach Rain, PUP - Red Zepher, DOC - CTW Fort Sumpter
and MAX - Shiowa's Silver Maxamillion / Afghan .... all waiting at the bridge

Thanks. I swore I'd never change again but even with Olewo mixed in with Green Bag Iams, Annie's poos have deteriorated to smushiness. Thankfully Annie has never been a connoisseur of her own output. It's interesting that going in it tastes good but the out part doesn't.

The poops aren't tootsie roll sized - LOL - just shaped and firm!

Poop pickup is so easy now, no goo in the grass. :)

* With CAPT. GUS - Solitary Trigger, RAINY - Peach Rain, PUP - Red Zepher, DOC - CTW Fort Sumpter

Guest Lygracilux

I was looking for another food brand to switch Fusion over from Iams green bag, as I think its giving him some flaky skin/abrasions. He has been on W/D for a couple months now with great results in keeping his pudding poo away-but its not something I would like to keep him on permanently if I don't have to.

The past week I have transitioned him from Iams to Whole Earth Farms Grain Free, and though things havent gotten worse they havent gotten much better either. His skin may be a little less flaky, and I think a few sores are healing but its too early to tell. Ill give the WEF a couple months, and if I don't like the results I will be looking out for a new food-possibly this one if you are still having great results.

We have suffered through a lot of GI issues, and are still battling not-so-solid poo. Its nice to see someone else has finally gained relief from it.

Thanks for your review!

Guest WildSparkler

We are trying to find a new food too! Right now we are trying the brand Precise, which seems to have maybe helped a little bit, but we are still in the transition! I will keep this brand in mind, and jot it down to try in the future if we are still battling soft poo! Congrats on finding a food that works! It's the little victories! :)

Our feed store charges $34.99 for a 28# bag of the Whitefish & Sweet Potato kibble.

if you can find blue seal lamb and rice kibble, that too can be the holy grail for kibbles. the person i board w/(she has 10 of her own dogs) swears by by it. when ever she has a border w/ loose stools she tries that and it works. i've had my dogs on it for a couple of years. 40#s for $36 and they send you coupons!!

for the dogs reacting to the iams it just might be the chicken in their food. even their lamb and rice has has chicken meal. chicken fat does not seem to bother the dogs who are sensitive to chicken. it's a fat- the protein in the chicken meal(more concentrated than chicken as an ingredient) seems to set off chicken sensitivities. i'm currently out of town and needed another lamb and rice food- one w/ beet pulp. i'm back to using HOLISTIC SELECT duck and oatmeal. their lamb didn't have enough protein and too much fat content. that's what i used before i saw the light and went over to blue seal.

we all have our different religions....but they seem to have one leader....the quality of dog poop and dog coat!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MelF77

Thanks for the suggestion. We picked up a 5lb bag to start incorperating with Bruces other food. We feed the Olewo carrots and beets and also Dr F&S distaste treats to discourage poop eatings. It would be great if we could stop with the treats at least.