Infected Toe

Guest Shermanator

Guest Shermanator

Travel has a booboo on her toe at the nail bed, which we believe is infected. I am freaking out because the last time she had an infected toe the vet said the bone was infected, and we had to amputate part of the toe. I'm worried about such a drastic measure again. The toe is definitely infected, and we are going to the vet today. Also, we have been battling this booboo for several weeks, and she had already had a round of antibiotics, finished 2 weeks ago. Sigh.

Guest Shermanator

She's having none of the soaking. Standing her in a bucket of water is not working out so well. Can I soak some paper towels with Epson salt and bag her foot, and let her lay in her bed? It's her safe spot.

She is such a shy, timid, little girl.

She's having none of the soaking. Standing her in a bucket of water is not working out so well. Can I soak some paper towels with Epson salt and bag her foot, and let her lay in her bed? It's her safe spot.

She is such a shy, timid, little girl.

I've done this, it's better than nothing. Would she tolerate standing on her bed while you put her foot in a plastic cup with epson salts & water?

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

Guest Shermanator

Seeing the vet this afternoon. I will try soaking her foot again, if the vet says so. I will win this battle!

Thanks again everyone!