Dasuquin Vs. Fresh Start

Guest kar

snow was diagnosed with mild hip dysplasia and arthritis. which supplement do you consider better dasuquin or fresh start? Any input would be appreciated.

My vet recommended Dasuquin and that's what Annie gets. Not having used anything else, I can't compare. Also, since Annie wasn't showing signs that I discerned of the arthritis the vet diagnosed in her spine, and she still isn't, I don't know if it's doing anything. It can't hurt.

snow is showing signs trouble with getting up from sit sometimes, sometimes trouble with stairs right now I am giving Dasuqin but was wondering about fresh start.

is Snow a Greyhound? I haven't heard many cases of hip dysplasia for greys, which is why I'm asking.

Mine will spit out Fresh Start (when I break them into quarters and sneak them into my pups' food, I can find 4 little quarters of the tablets remaining in their empty food bowls).

Snow is a greyhound. I like to know about longevity also.

Yes I know I asked him three times. and he said he definitely sees no cancer. It said it is rarer in greys but they can still have it. She is my last grey and my only akc grey. All of the others were ex racers

I've tried a lot of them, including Dasuquin. The one I've seen dramatic results with is one that was recommended by people in the racing business. It's called Next Level, comes in liquid form, so I just put it on their food. It made Doodles move so much easier, the difference was pretty dramatic.

Edited by seeh2o

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

Guest Greyt_dog_lover

Oh, AKC, yes I would expect something like hip dysplasia in an AKC not a racer. One other thought may be human grade supplements. You can get large quantities cheap at Costco or Sams Club.