Mikey 5/30/02 - 6/20/15

macoduck

I am so sad and sorry to read of Mikey's passing. His last months were probably the best of his life. He was so lucky to have found you guys.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God bless you for opening your heart to senior Mikey. I know how special they are and how the actual time we are given with them is not reflective of the incredible and deep love that blossums with them. My deepest sympathy.

:f_red :f_red :f_red :f_red :gh_runner

Ducky, I'm so sorry. You were an angel to welcome him into your home and heart, knowing your time would be limited. Of course, he brought you as much joy and love as you brought to him, and it was those stupid people's loss. He was clearly so happy and contented and safe with you---I just wish he could have stayed longer.

Run free, precious Mikey. Your true forever family loved you so.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Sometimes you find each other just when you need each other the most. We didn't have our Dorie for even a year before she was taken from us, but I know she was meant to be ours, because we could give her what she needed and what she deserved. Mikey needed you, and you stepped up and opened your heart, and got what you needed, too.

Rest well, Mikey. We'll miss you...........

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Oh, Mikey. :beatheart I think he used his superpowers pretty well in finding his way to you! He sure was loved, and will be missed. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Edited by Kestrel

Kendra, devoted walker of Henry (Tom Jones: Great Son x Lucia)

Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/04 - 2/14, who opened our hearts and our home to greyhounds; Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/03 - 10/14, who really knew what a good dog she was; Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb), 9/10 - 1/20, who was grumpy and snarky but eventually a little bit cuddly, too; Grandpa Grey the Galgo Español, 2008 (?) to 2022, who made us feel lucky to be the ones to teach him about pet life; and Lucia (Larking About x Anastasia, 5/12 to 8/23), our first brood matron and the sweetest speckly girl. 

I am so sad to read this. I have been following Mickey's threads and I know it was coming, but I had hoped he'd have a little more time with you!

I am so glad that you had each other! The last 6 months with you were the best of his life!

groupwindia-greytalk2.jpg

The handsome boy Brady, mid-morning nap. The sun, the sun feels so, so, so good.

I can't keep my eyes open ... ... Retirement agrees ...

... and the Diva Ms India, 2001 - 10/16/2009 ....

Oh Ducky, I'm so very sorry. Mikey had the best 6+ months of his life. I wish he could have stayed longer.

Godspeed Mikey.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

So very sorry for the loss of your Mikey.

No longer by your side, but forever in your heart.

Remember the good times......

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Ducky, I am so sorry to hear about Mike y.

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

Ducky, I'm so very sorry. Bless you for making the old gent's last months so happy and full of love. Run with the angels, Mikey.

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)

I'm so sorry for your loss, Ducky. You gave him a wonderful home and I'm sorry he didn't come to you much sooner and stay much longer. :grouphug :grouphug

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Guest goofydog

Oh Ducky, there are no words I can say that haven't already been posted. Mikey was truly blessed to have been loved by you for his final journey on this earth. Please know that he is now free and running with some of the very best boys and girls. Hugs.

What a beautiful story of love, wish that he found his way to you sooner, my thoughts are with you :grouphug:grouphug

med_gallery_14228_2915_582.jpg
Roberta & Michael with Furkids- Flower (Shasta Flowers 6/7/06) & Rascal the kitty - Missing our sweet angels - Max(M's Mad Max) 10/12/02 - 12/3/15, Sara (Sara Raves 6/30/01 - 4/13/12) Queenie & Pandora the kitties - gone but never forgotten

I can't say it better than this, so.. I'm so sorry. What a lovely boy.

God bless you for taking in Mikey when he needed you most. All dogs should be as loved in their last days as he obviously was.

I'm so sorry for your loss. :grouphug

jeffbettybanner2.jpg

Betty "Beauty" Joan. 63B-21375. June 2003 - March 2015. Thank you pretty girl!