Fuzz Face Master "master"

mom2four

Fuzz Face Master “Master” – December 15, 2003-June 16, 2015

That nasty, evil osteo claims another.

Our wonderful Greyhound, Master went to the ‘Bridge quite unexpectedly yesterday. Within three days he went from having a little run in the back yard to being immobile. On Saturday he still had a little jog in the back yard. He was excited when I took his “sister” to a M&G thinking he would get to come as he loved going to them. He had not been going lately because his hind end was weakening due to LS. Sunday in the morning he got up and his right rear foot was knuckling a bit; I thought it was his LS acting up. During the day the knuckling got worse and he started dragging his leg. By the end of the day I had to lift him up the 3 stairs to get him on to the deck. On Monday morning he was very wobbly, his leg had a mind of its own, he could not get off the deck nor get back on. He was still able to pee and poop. We made an appointment with the vet for Monday afternoon, still thinking at this time it was LS. The vet cautiously mentioned the O word, but it was not on top of her list either. The X-rays showed otherwise though. It was probable osteo of the neck of the femur. Not a normal place for it to be, so she was not too sure. But a personal friend of the vet, a radiologist, read the X-rays and confirmed it. Because of the LS we had already discussed and decided Master was not a candidate for surgery, so we were going to do pain control only. We were sent home with painkillers.

Monday night Master was increasingly in pain and anxious. I slept with him on the floor- at least I slept the 2 hours he was quiet. Tuesday morning Master was crying and crying. I came home at lunch, gave him extra pain killers and Michael and I had a short talk. Within a few minutes it was decided that Master’s quality of life had gone downhill very quickly and it was time for him. As we put our first Greyhound, Jamey to sleep almost 4 years ago, probably a day later than we should have, we promised him that we would be a day too early rather than a day too late should any of his remaining “siblings’” get that nasty osteo. We believe we honored that promise yesterday.

Dear Master, he was with us 5 years and 5 months- NOT long enough- and (as far as we could figure out) we were his 5th home (counting a couple of longer term fosters as homes). But within a week of fostering him we knew he was not going to go anywhere. When he came to us he was, as I have described, “sombre”. It took him about 8 months to get over that, and he became a perfect hound, a real gentleman. I had him tested as a Pet Therapy dog for the local group we have here. He passed with flying colors. For four years he came with me to the Children’s Hospital to visit the sick kids. They loved seeing him at Halloween because of his costume.

75f95fa0-856e-48b6-95f8-6fea4bd439dd_zps

MasterandRadioPALS-1-1.jpg

He started showing hind end weakness about a year ago so once we found another pet therapy dog candidate (Baltasar) Master retired from his second career.

Master was the wise hound here at home, quietly controlling his six “siblings”. He loved to lie on his foam bed outside in nice weather and sleep. Indoors, he NEVER tried to get on the couch, he always chose one of the dog beds. So Michael and I always helped him out by moving whoever might be on his favorite bed. He was scared of only three things- thunder, the vacuum and the exhaust fan in the kitchen. Otherwise he was PERFECT! I feel sorry (no I don’t) for his previous owners- they gave up a perfect dog. Master had the kindest eyes his gentle soul shone right through them.

Run Free dear Master we will love you forever! We WILL be together again one day. Mama and Daddiman, and your “siblings”, Tosca, Diego, Ambi, Marco, Lucas and Baltasar, and the kitties Karma, Tori, Benson and Nic.

Picnic2013MasterCloseresize_zpscf2d236e.

Master-2.jpg

Lastly, Master when he just arrived here with his "brother" Jamey.

jamey_master.jpg

Tin and Michael and Lucas, Picasso, Hero, Oasis, Galina, Neizan, Enzo, Salvo and Noor the Galgos.
Remembering Bridge Angel Greyhounds: Tosca, Jamey, Master, Diego, and Ambi; plus Angel Galgos Jules, Marco and Baltasar.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry for your loss. Godspeed, handsome.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Tin, i expect you feel as shocked by this sudden turn of events as I did with Banjo but you both know in your hearts that it was the kindest thing for Master, so in that way it makes the decision easier, I think.

Run free Master.

Miss. "England" Carol and Chancey.

Miss "England" Carol with whippet lurcher Nutmeg & Zavvi the Chihuahua.

R.I.P. Chancey (Goosetree Chance). 24.1.2009 - 14.4.2022. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.

What a lovely old boy. I am sorry that he had to leave you. :grouphug

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

I'm so sorry. :grouphug

:gh_run2

Edited by galgrey

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

So sorry for your loss. What a sweet looking boy. As sad as he was to leave, I'm sure his brother greeted him exuberantly at the bridge. Hugs to everyone.

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds: Kili (ATChC AgMCh Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly RN IP MSCDC MTRDC ExS Bronze ExJ Bronze ) and Kenna (Lakilanni Kiss The Sky RN MADC MJDC AGDC AGEx AGExJ). Waiting at the Bridge: Retired racer Summit (Bbf Dropout) May 5, 2005-Jan 30, 2019

Like us on Facebook!

I'm so very sorry. You're absolutely right: he did have the kindest eyes. He was lucky to find you, but he left too young and too soon.

Godspeed Master.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13), Grey Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23)

I'm so sorry, Tin and Michael. I'm sure Jamey met him at the bridge.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

I'm so sorry for the loss of your handsome boy. I love his sweet white face with that dark nose. Rest well, Master.

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart