Shoes To Protect A Boo Boo

Guest Shermanator

Guest Shermanator

Travel has 2 nail bed injuries. On 2 separate paws. I can't get them to heal because she keeps licking.

Can't use an e collar because we have a dog door.

Can't use socks, she lucks and chews through them.

My last resort are shoes. http://www.thedogoutdoors.com/ultra-paws-cool-boots.html

We need shoes anyway for the summer. Do you think I can leave these on all day to protect and heal her boo boos?

Thanks!

She could most likely take them off. Mine remove their booties if I am to slow to get to them.

Have you tried atropine drops? one drop on the toe a bit above the nail bed. One lick and she will leave it alone. Your will have to get it from your vet. My vet laughed when I told him what I wanted it for the first time. One bottle lasts a very long time. Works great to keep them from licking stitches out.

Sue ,Sky and Dood, Bridge angels Clark, Gypsy, Dreamy and Sneakers, Oshkosh,WI Heartbound Greyhound Adoptionsept2013sigcopy_zps8ad6ed09.jpg<p>

We used the inexpensive Paws boots when Nixon injured his toe

http://pawzdogboots.com/prod_boots/

They're a bit hard to get on, but once it was on he never got it off.

The 'blue' size fit him nicely.

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg