Splenic Mass - Good Thoughts Appreciated

Guest Proudmoore

I can't see the pics but so happy to hear your good news! :) :) :) :) :)

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

YAY! So glad to hear that! Wishing her an easy recovery!

Kendra, devoted walker of Henry (Tom Jones: Great Son x Lucia)

Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/04 - 2/14, who opened our hearts and our home to greyhounds; Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/03 - 10/14, who really knew what a good dog she was; Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb), 9/10 - 1/20, who was grumpy and snarky but eventually a little bit cuddly, too; Grandpa Grey the Galgo Español, 2008 (?) to 2022, who made us feel lucky to be the ones to teach him about pet life; and Lucia (Larking About x Anastasia, 5/12 to 8/23), our first brood matron and the sweetest speckly girl. 

Fantastic news!!!

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Wonderful!

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

So pleased to hear it's benign! Can't see the pictures though .. maybe you need to set permissions to public or something? I don't know much about Dropbox. I'm sure she'll recover beautifully now and do well. :goodluck

I have a very similar story to tell about Sid, who had a huge mass removed from his spleen last Feb/Mar. It weighed 2.5kg/5.5lb and was full of blood chambers, but also came back negative for cancer. I had been thinking he was getting fat (like Jaina, he was losing his tuck) and I was cutting back on his food, poor guy, but he wasn't getting any thinner and was very hungry. Two 'experts' told me he was simply getting fat, so don't feel bad for not catching it. It wasn't until I could see it and feel it when he lay down on his side that I was able to take him in and say 'you won't feel when he's standing, but if you lay him on the table, there's a mass in his abdomen' that they found it, ultrasounded it immediately, and had him in the next day for surgery. In Sid's case, he was having some mobility problems as well, but he is a rear-leg tripod, so he has to walk differently and with more energy expenditure.

He too had no excess bleeding during the op, but he did suffer a little from hypovolemic shock. He got over that very quickly and from the next day his recovery was uneventful. I was just so happy to have my old Sid back! And he was happy to start getting his proper rations again!

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop