Sign in to follow this  
dostacos

Conrad Caught The Squirrel

the last couple of days Conrad has had TWO tree squirrels in the same tree, he would stare up at them and they would successfully make it through the fence.

Well today he caught one on the ground and too close, it tried to fake out Conrad...bad move, he snatched the poor thing and gave it a really good shake, then trotted around the yard. Finally he dropped in his outside bed then sat down and admired his work... :omg:(

Guest Johberry

Finally he dropped in his outside bed then sat down and admired his work... :omg:(

Heehee, this made me giggle. Nice, Conrad, nice.

Milo and Jeter (who have tag teamed for at least three squirrels in the past couple of months) send high fours to Conrad.

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, Milo, and Jeter

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, and Nutmeg

Do not torment Conrad ...... Or else ..... They had been warned I'm sure

I swear they drop pine cones on him. :hehe but I never wanted him to catch them. sadly it was the pretty tree squirrel not one of the ground squirrels.

I wish I videoed it so I could show the lady that walks two little mini rats without a leash. The one is no problem, but the younger one's barks threats that his body cannot cover

Guest Dancer

hmmmm....interested in what is next...will the squirrels send in a replacement? Will they increase their pine cone dropping (or launching)? Will Conrad move on to other critters??

At least you didn't walk out to Conrad calmly munching on half a squirrel.

It's a bumper crop this year and I'm afeared Cody will snatch one - Bark's legs are too short and he's too slow but man he puts in the effort. Yesterday we got almost 3 inches of rain in about an hour in an surprise isolated massive downpour. Bark treed a squirrel shortly before it started. I went to the neighbors and was trapped there until the deluge stopped. Came home and he was still under the tree soaking wet.

gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

Prince & Stretch say well done Conrad!! The boys killed 1 of these monsters & are trying to get another.

Rocket sends congrats too! He's been able to catch 5 of the gophers in out back yard. There's still hundreds more to catch.

Summer also sends her congratulations. She is very envious of Conrad's mad skillz. Normally, she manages to rustle up a few "yard meals" every spring but she's now 10 and just that little bit slower. She'll happily help Conrad dispose of his catches, though! :)

SummerGreytalkSignatureResized-1.jpg

Lisa B.

My beautiful Summer - to her forever home May 1, 2010 Summer

Certified therapy dog team with St. John Ambulance

I told my dear wife about the anti squirrel activities and she praised Conrad for at least 10 minutes. :banana:clap

My DW had a black walnut tree when she was growing up {house and tree are still in the family} and the

squirrels would bite into the nuts while they were still green, ruining the nut and NOT eating them.

when my DW bought a house she bought a little dog, when her father came down with cancer, Tosca was

sent to Dad to cheer him up.

The squirrels teased Tosca no end. THEY never came down, they would run across the house roof and off

on the outside of the fenced yard... did I say my DW really hates squirrels :hehe:wife

:yay from Joy who has chased the squirrels but they start running before I get the door open to let her out.

Carol, missing Magic (1/5/01 - 4/15/15) but welcoming Fuzzy's Joy Behar (Joy) into my life on 5/31/15.

I swear they drop pine cones on him. :hehe but I never wanted him to catch them. sadly it was the pretty tree squirrel not one of the ground squirrels.

I have actually had a squirrel chuck several pine cones down on me at a softball game, and wow, does it hurt (and leave waffle bruises and needle marks). You go Conrad! Marvin's not nimble enough to get anything besides old peanut shells and the aftermath of said peanut shells with our squirrels.

One (or more) of our zillion will talk back to the dogs when they have him treed. They'll bark and the squirrel will chatter back. Funny to watch. I swear it's cussing at them.

gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg