Sign in to follow this  
Time4ANap

Greyhound Love Notes

Did you ever wake up to find that your spouse or significant other left you a special note on the kitchen counter to start your day?

Rocket's Mom often leaves for work before I get up. He sometimes gets up with her and then goes back to bed until I get up and make his breakfast.

Here's the love note I got this morning.

IMG_1990_zps1d981f91.jpg

Post yours.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Always missing my boy Hi Noon Rocket. The home of Petunia, MW Neptunia and Kate, Miss Kate.

No photo, but so meals don't get served twice on weekends my DH and I leave a note for each other:

"they ate"

Charlie the iggy, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella)
Angels: Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

My roommate and I would leave notes saying "Kids have been feed" after the feeding the dogs twice on more than one occasion.

groupwindia-greytalk2.jpg

The handsome boy Brady, mid-morning nap. The sun, the sun feels so, so, so good.

I can't keep my eyes open ... ... Retirement agrees ...

... and the Diva Ms India, 2001 - 10/16/2009 ....

:rofl :rofl

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees: Aiden. Bea. Punkin. Annie. Miss M. Cletus, knot like the others.

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno.Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Guest WildSparkler

Yes, we have a dry-erase board on the fridge which typically states some variation of the same message when I get up, haha.

I think a dry-erase board is asking for trouble. Too easy for hounds to wipe off messages about having already been fed.

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, Milo, and Jeter

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, and Nutmeg

I think a dry-erase board is asking for trouble. Too easy for hounds to wipe off messages about having already been fed.

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Charlie the iggy, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella)
Angels: Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Funny thing; I got a note today. I am not sure why it says "dog", as we do have two greys.

P1010281_zpsdjx3hbwi.jpg

Irene Ullmann w/Shine and Odin in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul and Fuzzy
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

We periodically leave notes about being fed. :lol Diesel was especially good at convincing us that they had not been fed and scoring a second dinner that way!

In vino veritas
Rachael with Rook, missing Sully, Sebau, and Diesel

ours are similar except we have to add meds, so it usually reads "eye drops and pill done"

Jan with precious pups Katie Crazykatiebug, Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; and Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will heal and you will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Guest Dancer

Lol!!!

Guest peacehound

I have six years of notebooks filled with morning notes about Peace. Hubby takes care of the first walk of the day and lets me sleep in. It's funny years ago the notes would be things like she tried to charge a squirrel or rolled in something smelly..now that the old girl is 13 it's more like she made it around the whole block :o) or she gave me the stink eye when I turned back to the house..and always she had her meds and what she ate for breakfast I figured no one else writes dog reports every morning..sure will be something I miss when she passes away. :o(

Guest Sportingfields

I have six years of notebooks filled with morning notes about Peace. Hubby takes care of the first walk of the day and lets me sleep in. It's funny years ago the notes would be things like she tried to charge a squirrel or rolled in something smelly..now that the old girl is 13 it's more like she made it around the whole block :o) or she gave me the stink eye when I turned back to the house..and always she had her meds and what she ate for breakfast I figured no one else writes dog reports every morning..sure will be something I miss when she passes away. :o(

This is so awesome, wish I'd thought of doing it. Along with pictures, it would make a neat scrapbook of memories.

:rofl...darn I saw this thread too late. I just threw out a note. :)

I did get a text message from my neighbor last night. She walked Lexie for us since we were at a wedding. It said....

"I walked Lexie up and down the cul-de-sac three times but no poop." :rofl

Edited by rschultz

💙💜💚💛❤️

I forgot how to put a pic in my signature. Please pm me if you can help. Thanks

I'm a pet sitter. My job is writing those notes!! I have 1 client who keeps losing the notebook because she hides it when she has dates over so they don't think she's crazy. I say she should leave it out. The sooner they realize the dogs are a priority the better!

No photo, but so meals don't get served twice on weekends my DH and I leave a note for each other:

"they ate"

I actually made a little double-sided sign that hangs above Bella's bowls- one side is "Bella has had dinner", the other for breakfast. She has fooled us too many times! Of course, we have occasionally forgotten to change the sign :lol

And yes, we leave the poo/pee notes :)

Gracie (AMF Saying Grace) - 10/21/12
Bella (KT Britta) - 4/29/05 to 2/13/20

Dh gets up around 5am to feed the cat. He used to toss the empty can in the recycle bin until we realized little miss smarty cat was giving me the starving cat routine to score a second breakfast. Now the empty can stays on the counter until both humans are up.

Lexi (mom to Nok, the former feral black kitty)

:rotfl

Gracie (AMF Saying Grace) - 10/21/12
Bella (KT Britta) - 4/29/05 to 2/13/20

Dh gets up around 5am to feed the cat. He used to toss the empty can in the recycle bin until we realized little miss smarty cat was giving me the starving cat routine to score a second breakfast. Now the empty can stays on the counter until both humans are up.

I make my kitty lick the can clean!! Expensive prescription food, he WILL eat every morsel!!

Today's note next to my coffee cup:

IMG_2004_zps1c31f501.jpg

:hehe :hehe :hehe

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge