Veterinary Tele-Medicine Debate

This article is about an online service offered by a veterinarian in Texas and the legal trouble he is now facing.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/06/09/vet-restructed-from-giving-advice-underscores-national-telemedicine-debate/?intcmp=latestnews

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

MY opinion will be unpopular but the whole thing is just a money game. They don't care a wit about the animals' health anymore than more than a few vets I have dealt with face to face do. As Dr. C told me "It's not about compassion." Welcome to the REAL world. The world where your best bud is mistreated and seriously injured by the negligence of people-IN THE FLESH-who were supposed to help them, and who I might add were handsomely paid to, but in reality did not give a crap about your dog or his welfare(unless it has bearing on the hospital income). There is NOTHING to be gained by face to face visits-in my experience-except the fee for the brick&mortar folks. And denying internet access to people also denies the best care decisions for their animals-assuming the source is legitimate and the owners have enough sense to check.