Thundershirts For Sa

Joy has SA. When I leave for work or to go out, she gets really upset. She cries and jumps up on counters, blanket boxes, and anything else she can to look out the window for me.

Yesterday, I went to Petsmart to get a couple of things and asked the manager where the Rescue Remedy was. This particular Petsmart doesn't carry it. The manager suggested a Thundershirt.

My question is: How long before I leave should I put it on her? I went out yesterday without her and put it on right before I left. She whined and barked and jumped on to the blanket box. By the time I got home maybe 45 minutes later, she was calm and laying on my bed.

Carol, missing Magic (1/5/01 - 4/15/15) but welcoming Fuzzy's Joy Behar (Joy) into my life on 5/31/15.

They say to put it on for thunder before the storm starts, but like this morning, storms weren't forecast and I was asleep, so I didn't get it on Conner until after he was shaking. I think it only took about 5 min. for him to stop shaking (seemed like a lot longer!) For SA, I think the reaction wouldn't start until you leave, so maybe 5-10 minutes before you go?