Spriet And Tibbie / Update 7/16 Page 2

Spriet's health problems are getting worse. She has a tumor that is getting bigger (already a few inches) and is spreading to other mammory glands, she started coughing a lot and she's on pain meds for some old injuries. The last couple of weeks her behaviour also changed, as if she is worried we will hurt her. She's happy when she sees us, but when we try to touch her she will sometimes move away quickly. I don't think she's in pain, but it's not fun to see your dog getting scared when you want to pet her :( And last weekend she was suddenly limping very bad, we really thought we had to let her go. Luckily she recovered, but I still think our time is limited. :(

Yesterday Tibbie suddenly started to act strange. Falling off the steps, panting, restless, bumping into things. :( This morning we took her to the vet and she probably had a stroke. The vet gave her 2 injections. Now we have to wait for 24 hours to see if things improve. We have to go back to the vet tomorrow.

Edited by AnneGTS

Anne, Sasha & Tapas. Spriet (2002-2015), Tibbie (2000-2015) and Gunda (1996-2009)

www.sighthoundgoodies.com

anne_sas3gt_bbuveb.jpg

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

{{Anne}} Your beautiful kids. It is so tough to realize that you have lived a whole lot of life together and suddenly see those grey faces and the changes they represent. Good thoughts for Spriet and Tibbie and lots of :grouphug for all of you.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Im so sorry. I know words don't help. Your Grey family is here for you.

"Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the day comes God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man."

Persian Proverb

:hope for Spriet and Tibbie. :grouphug for you and your family Anne.

Tin and Michael and Lucas, Picasso, Hero, Oasis, Galina, Neizan, Enzo, Salvo and Noor the Galgos.
Remembering Bridge Angel Greyhounds: Tosca, Jamey, Master, Diego, and Ambi; plus Angel Galgos Jules, Marco and Baltasar.

Prayers for Spriet and Tibbie and you and your family.

groupwindia-greytalk2.jpg

The handsome boy Brady, mid-morning nap. The sun, the sun feels so, so, so good.

I can't keep my eyes open ... ... Retirement agrees ...

... and the Diva Ms India, 2001 - 10/16/2009 ....

Guest PiagetsMom

Anne, I know how worried you are and how hard it is dealing with issues you can't fix - I'm doing the same thing here with Mirage. I try to take each day as it comes, and be thankful for the good things in his day and every day that I have with him. At the same time, I know the clock is running down, and it hurts my heart when I think about it. I tell him every day that I'll do my best for him and ask him to let me know what that is. I can't even imagine how hard it must be to have both Spriet and Tibbie ailing at the same time - I send you a heartfelt :grouphug for you and your beautiful girls.

Edited by PiagetsMom

Anne, it's so hard to see then get like this, it's even harder when you ate going through of it with two at the same time. My heart goes out to you, your family and to Tibbie and Spriet. I feel like I know all of your girls from being here and on FB.

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

Thank you so much for the kind words. :)

Yesterday evening Tibbie was panting and getting restless again. This morning she didn't fell of the steps and she was pretty calm. We took her to the vet and he could see she was walking a lot better. He's given her medication and he said there was a chance things will improve a bit in the next couple of days.

This morning Spriet started limping again. We talked to the vet about Spriet's issues and we'll just have to keep an eye on her. Spriet did want to play and go for a walk this morning.

Anne, Sasha & Tapas. Spriet (2002-2015), Tibbie (2000-2015) and Gunda (1996-2009)

www.sighthoundgoodies.com

anne_sas3gt_bbuveb.jpg

Gentle hugs for you and your girls.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Good thoughts for both Tibbie and Spriet. I hope it's nothing serious.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.