Moral Dilema - Sick Greyhound -

I came to read this post to see if anything good has happened. While the OP was upset about her friend, understandably, what has she done to help? I used to tell my co workers that I don't want to hear sad stories about dogs unless there is something I can do to help. I haven't changed my opinion. You say you have a busy life, don't we all. I for one couldn't stand by and not do something. So please-either take that long trip and save that poor dog or contact a rescue group that will!

I wouldn't get all over the OP for not doing what you personally would do. The OP has told the friend what she should do, told her she would act as an advocate for the dog and contact the adoption group if needed, and suggested the friend may need to give up the dog. When she said she "had a life" and "would chat over the weekend", that post was on a Saturday, so cut some slack; maybe she contacted the friend the next day (still the weekend). She also has to be very careful. If she, or an adoption group other than with whom the friend had a contract, took the dog without the friend's written permission, they could be charged with theft.

The friend has to agree to give up the dog. Then, and only then, can things proceed.