Welcome To Joy, My Heart Healer

On April 15, 2015, I had to send my beloved 14-year-old Magic to the Bridge. I've been extremely lonely ever since. Late last summer when it was apparent to me that Magic's days were numbered, I put in an application for adoption. Much to my delight, Magic made it to his 14th birthday but in April, he decided that he was ready to leave me.

Last week, my heart was ready for my heart healer and called the adoption group to let them know I was ready to adopt. On Sunday, I attended the group's spring picnic and met the available hounds. I walked one very pretty brindle girt who had the same birthday as Magic but she just wasn't the hound for me. My next choice was a pretty, red 2-year old girl. We walked and talked to her foster mom. When we went back to her crate, the other hound I wanted to walk was out being walked. I took that as a sign that Fuzzy's Joy Behar was going to be my heart healer.

She was so funny. I was talking to her foster mom and Joy decided she wanted to take a nap so she sacked out on the ground. I just couldn't imagine a 2-year old being so quiet and calm.

Without further ado, here's my heart healer, Fuzzy's Joy Behar, aka Joy.

GEDC0388_zpsn9dkgzni.jpg

Joy has been a joy her first couple of days. She slept well on night one. She has learned the stairs, chased a squirrel, and played with my housemate's son's (visiting for a week or so) pitbull/beagle mix. She plays with balls and frisbees. Last night she showed her devilish side. She got up and started crying a bit. I thought she needed to go out and got up to take her out. As I was putting my bathrobe on, Miss Joy got up on the bed and laid down. Of course, she hogged the bed (a twin). I was able to squeeze in for the rest of the night.

Carol, missing Magic (1/5/01 - 4/15/15) but welcoming Fuzzy's Joy Behar (Joy) into my life on 5/31/15.

I am so happy for you ! We got our heart healer only 1.5 months ago ( from the same group as you :) ) and it has helped so much after a big loss !! Congrats !!!

Edited by nessa

ho5U2p6.jpg?1

Carol, I am so happy for you! I am sure that Magic had a paw in this connection. Yes, and watch those little red girls- they can be little imps with a great sense of humor- just watch Beka the next time you see her!

It is definitely time for a bigger bed!

Kathy

gallery_22163_3545_9670.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

Welcome home, Joy, and congrats to you both!

Kendra, devoted walker of Henry (Tom Jones: Great Son x Lucia)

Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/04 - 2/14, who opened our hearts and our home to greyhounds; Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/03 - 10/14, who really knew what a good dog she was; Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb), 9/10 - 1/20, who was grumpy and snarky but eventually a little bit cuddly, too; Grandpa Grey the Galgo Español, 2008 (?) to 2022, who made us feel lucky to be the ones to teach him about pet life; and Lucia (Larking About x Anastasia, 5/12 to 8/23), our first brood matron and the sweetest speckly girl. 

congrats!!! :kiss2

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Congratulations! :confetti What a lovely heart healer she is!

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Congratulations and welcome home Joy!

groupwindia-greytalk2.jpg

The handsome boy Brady, mid-morning nap. The sun, the sun feels so, so, so good.

I can't keep my eyes open ... ... Retirement agrees ...

... and the Diva Ms India, 2001 - 10/16/2009 ....