Non Greyhound Medical Question

We just adopted a female mix from a rescue group that got her from Kentucky. She was going to be PTS but the rescue got her in time! Anyway, she had 5 puppies at the end of March. Her last puppy left the foster home on Sat. I guess the puppy tried to nurse one last time. We picked Mom up today (Thurs). I noticed a small amount of dark bloody sticky stuff on her vagina. I wiped it with a Kleenex and it was very small. Could this be hormonal or nerves?? I've never had children myself or have had a dog that's had puppies so I am clueless. Any ideas??

I would have her checked just to make sure she isn't developing a uterine infection. It's normal to have discharge a day or two after delivering and they can even spot occasionally for a few weeks after but, to be safe I would have her looked at.

Tracy,

Thanks for the advise. I took her in today (first full day we've had her) and she does have a uterine infection. It's not the pyometra, as he did an ultrasound to make absolute sure. Poor baby had her first Pap test. She's on Clavamox....