I Think We Are Approaching The End With Tess

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so sorry. :( This is the hardest decision, I just had to do it as well. It can be so hard to decide the right time, especially when they show us spontaneous behaviours that make it seem as though everything is okay. In my case, I just had to accept that (despite my false hopes) she wasn't going to get better or be her old self. She was only going to get worse. It is that fine line between deciding when an illness is really affecting their quality of live and comfort level. Never an easy decision, but please do not feel guilt about whatever you decide.

Hugs :grouphug

I am so sorry. :( This is the hardest decision, I just had to do it as well. It can be so hard to decide the right time, especially when they show us spontaneous behaviours that make it seem as though everything is okay. In my case, I just had to accept that (despite my false hopes) she wasn't going to get better or be her old self. She was only going to get worse. It is that fine line between deciding when an illness is really affecting their quality of live and comfort level. Never an easy decision, but please do not feel guilt about whatever you decide.

Hugs :grouphug

This is where we are, and what we must realize as well. We've spent the day crying in private off and on, knowing she will not get better, she will only get worse. And that could be a stroke, or being unable to breathe because the fluid has spread. And we can't let that happen. We made an appointment to have her put to sleep on Saturday. I'll stay home with her all day tomorrow. On Saturday, I think she'll get a steak, and a last ride with her Dad---her favorite thing in the world. And though it breaks our hearts, we'll let our perfect little girl go free. Please keep her in your thoughts, and if any hound or human is inclined to roo, please give a big roo for Tess. She's the champion rooer, and I think it would make her happy.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Will keep all of you close in my thoughts.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest MnMDogs

I don't have anything helpful to add, but I will be thinking of you Saturday. Tess knows she's loved.

I'm so sorry. Sounds to me as if it's past time to say goodbye, but it's your choice, obviously, and no one elses.

Wishing you peace with whatever choice you make.

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Keeping you all in my prayers. Huge hugs to you Nancy, I know how very difficult this is. :bighug Much love to pretty Tess, give her anything her heart desires today.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Enjoy your day with her :grouphug

All she knows is 'mom and dad are spoiling me today!!' and will bask in your love!

lorinda, mom to the ever revolving door of Foster greyhounds

Always in my heart: Teala (LC Sweet Dream) , Pepton, Darbee-Do (Hey Barb) , Rascal (Abitta Rascal), Power (Beyond the Power), and the miracle boy LAZER (2/21/14), Spirit (Bitter Almonds) 8/14

We're having a good day. When she hears me in the kitchen, she comes in for treats, and of course, I have to give her something every time. I'm just hanging out with her all day, giving her gentle hugs and kisses and telling her I love her, except when I need to go into the computer room if I feel the tears coming on. I put a baby gate across the outside steps, and we've been sitting on the porch enjoying the nice day. I think she'll get steak tonight too.....

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Thinking of you and I am so glad that Tess is enjoying today! Steak tonight sounds marvelous!

Hugs to everyone!

groupwindia-greytalk2.jpg

The handsome boy Brady, mid-morning nap. The sun, the sun feels so, so, so good.

I can't keep my eyes open ... ... Retirement agrees ...

... and the Diva Ms India, 2001 - 10/16/2009 ....

I'm so sorry, Nancy. You know Tessa best and will always do what's best for her, even if it hurts the humans in her life :grouphug

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Your girl is so lucky to have you. I'm sorry she can't stay forever.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest PiagetsMom

So glad that today was a good day for you and for Tess - I know you'll keep that in your heart. I'll say a prayer for a peaceful passing for your beautiful Tess :grouphug