Metacam Resources

well, annie has been on tramadol, gabapentin and metacam for the last 6 weeks and her orthopedist and Dr. Couto both agreed that she has

"The mineralization is in one of the muscles called the supraspinatus muscle. There are reports of mineralization in this muscle related to chronic usage, injury and fatigue. It is more common among sporting and athletic dogs. Treatment is centered on either conservative care like we are doing, surgical removal, or rehabilitation therapy".

fortunately she has responded well to the bed rest and limited activity and now we are down to metacam daily and hopefully by August I will be able to reduce the dosage. So, I'm looking for the least expensive source of the 100ml bottle- allivet has it forhttp://www.allivet.com/p-1637-metacam-15-mg-oral-suspension.aspx $72.

who gets it for less?

thanks,

andrea and annie who has been getting herself into lots of trouble lately.

I checked on GoodRx.com. They don't list Allivet, but your price with them beats anything GoodRx lists.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Guest MnMDogs

How much does she weigh? We were able to use the 7.5 mg pill (I think) split in half for Mork who was 75 / 80 pounds or so. The pills are much cheaper since they're generic . Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be an option for the much smaller hounds.

Well.. Be thankful you are not up here....

I just paid $79 for the small 32ml bottle :yikes

I have gotten equine meds from Allivet... Maybe I need to look there for canine meds, too.

Their shipping is expensive, but might be worth it.

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

thanks for the info. i ordered the 100ml for 72$$ free shipping!!! i am a tad leery about generic drugs, both generic zyrtec and prilosec generics are not as effective. hopefully in 4 weeks annie will be off the metacam, then we will reduce her dosage or give it to her every other day and use it as needed.

basically she has 2 calcified diamond shaped protrusions at the ligament on her shoulder so she will (unfortunately) never be pain free. but as she approaches 8 i do notice that she isn't as crazy as she was 4 or 5 years ago. her quality of life will still be excellent. the vet feels she should be able to hike, run and what ever. if she's sore- some rest and drugs. the surgery to remove the calcification is at least 3k and the diagnostic procedure prior to surgery over $800 and 3-6 months of rehab.