White Gardenia, Aka Mystique: 12/20/2003--5/16/2015

Magdalene

Thank you for loving this senior girl in her last year and working so hard to make it a good one. I'm so sorry for your loss. :grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

It was a good thing, I think....my sister and I were talking about it later, and my sister mentioned that she'd thought it was time, because Mystique had visibly been losing weight, and while she hadn't stopped eating entirely, her appetite had definitely dropped off a bit. So she must've been getting close to the 'about to be miserable' point.

For the first time in ten years, nobody's needed me to take them outside to go potty. And for the first time in a year, nobody's needed me to make up their drugs for them. I have the cats, still, who need fed, watered, and looked after, but....they don't *quite* need me the way the dogs needed me. I somehow feel so useless and without a purpose.

As others said, it's wonderful that you gave her a good home and even if it was for only a year, it was a good year.

And I'm feeling this in a similar way. It wasn't until my Betty passed that I realized how sick she had been getting over the past year, and how I had just woven that into my life and schedule and didn't think anything of it.. besides stress and worry but also a lot of hope and enjoyment of the good days.

jeffbettybanner2.jpg

Betty "Beauty" Joan. 63B-21375. June 2003 - March 2015. Thank you pretty girl!

So sorry for your loss. :grouphug

Rest in peace, Mystique. :f_pink

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

I'm so sorry for your loss.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so sorry. And we all understand that while taking care of a dog with health problems is often tiring and frustrating, that we do it out of love and respect for our hounds.

Mystique is probably founding a Red Couch Society of kindred spirits.

:grouphug

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

I'm very sorry for your loss. Thank you for making a spot in your heart for Mystique and letting her leave on a high note in her favorite spot.

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)