Drontal Plus Side Effects?

Guest KEWood

Guest KEWood

We had to give our 2 year old boy Drontal Plus for tape worms yesterday, again after having it on 3/14/15 - just before we got him. Gave it to him at about 3pm yesterday, last night, he was unusually hungry, sniffing the ground a lot (looking for crumbs?), lurking in the kitchen, etc. I gave him a small bit of food before bed to see if that satiated him. He seemed a little out of sorts at bedtime, but as of 4am, he started pacing, seems very confused, very little whining, sniffing the ground, unsettled, licking air, and lost his know-how to go downstairs. I read that incoordination is a possible side effect, but the confusion? I took him out and all he did was walk in circles, sniffing the ground. He is normally a great sleeper, so this is very unusual. Has anyone else experienced this? And if so, how long did it last? Should I take him to the vet?

Given lots of Drontal. Never had side effects, but we don't have stairs to navigate. :dunno. Maybe try another snack and could you sleep on the couch by him downstairs and try to get some sleep? Things may be different by the time the vet opens. :grouphug I've also spent many a night on a comforter on the floor with a dog. Spell check keeps messing me up on that word that begins with P but if you're in VA you know what I mean.

Edited by Hubcitypam
gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

Guest KEWood

Update: I decided to give him his breakfast at 5:00am (about an hour early). He gobbled it up like usual and took himself back upstairs and went back to sleep in his bed. Was perfectly fine come 7am. Going to continue to monitor him. I'm thinking he was feeling nauseous - a known side effect - and was just uncomfortably pacing, sniffing, licking air. Food made have made him feel better.