More Perspective On Growling

Guest k9soul

Guest k9soul

http://www.nj.com/pets/index.ssf/2015/05/how_to_handle_a_growling_dog.html

Growling is quite possibly one of the most misunderstood expressions in dogs. The behavior isn't evil and it doesn't always mean a dog is unfriendly. Growling may occur when a dog is in pain, frightened, annoyed, to send a warning, or tell you that pushing and prodding them while they're trying to sleep is really annoying.

I thought this was another nice piece to gain perspective on growling behavior and the ways to handle it.

Edited by k9soul

Nice article. I'm glad I'm not the only one who apologizes to my dogs if I cause them to growl at me!

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

Guest k9soul

Nice article. I think that film and TV are partly to blame for our misunderstanding of growling dogs.

That's a really good point. TV shows the "good dogs" to always be Lassie types and bad dogs to be snarling and menacing. A lot of people have this fear that a dog who growls is on the road to becoming aggressive.