Cheapest Source For Rimadyl?

Rainey weighs 60lbs? She could get 125mgs daily--1&1/4 100mg tab once daily. More is not better but, an extra 5 mgs shouldn't make a difference. At some point you would want to try and use the least effective dose. You would think the bid frequency (twice daily) would make more sense but, the rep was adamant that they are rec the Sid frequency (once daily). I still think many vets are still old school enough where the are rec the bid frequency.

64.5ish lbs a couple weeks ago. She's still looking too thin to me, but she gets to eat as much as she wants at each meal. I'm not worrying... Or rather I'm not over worrying? LOL Her hip points are a little scary boney. You can easily see at least 5 vertebrae, and most of her ribs. She's still pretty solid though. Not frail. Vet didn't say she was too skinny and she will definitely bring that issue up if needed.

Thanks for the info on the once a day dosing! Since she's doing so well in the twice a day dose, we will try that. But when we go in for their annuals in July/August I'll certainly inquire. Luckily our awesome vet has amazing people skills and doesn't get offended when I question and second guess every little thing! ☺ I don't think the two dose a day schedule will hurt her, but if I can save money with a once a day...

She gets two peanut butter globs a day with her other meds/supplements so it's easy to split it up.

For the rep every day exactly why once a day was better? I'll try to poke around on Google this week...

------

Jessica

• 5 months later...

We only have 30 days left of our Petmart Pharmacy supply of the Carprofen. Rainy is doing amazing on them! Trying to place a refill order today and found a different website that has it even cheaper!

35 cents for each 75 mg pill!

http://www.nationalah.com/pmm/stores/21/Novox-Generic-for-Rimadyl-75MG180CT-Caplets-VEDCO-P20381C337.aspx

Just placed an order for 4 bottles! :) I rememer looking at them beofre but they were more expensive. So not sure how long this price will last.

------

Jessica

I had gotten them from 1800 Pet Meds before and Drs Foster and Smith. In my case I couldn't get the generic because it didn't come as chewable and my girl made getting pills down her a nightmare but she liked the taste of the Rimadyl chewable tablets.

Glad you found them at a much more affordable price!

Sooooo glad they are good with pills! Actully most chewables she won't eat. The Proin chewable needs a PB glob. It's probably a conspiricy to get more PB...

Yes all my current dogs are easy to sneak pills to. What a huge relief. Tasha was the most impossible dog I've ever had about pills. Thankfully she liked the rimadyl chews even though she got rather finicky towards a lot of things. I'm really glad you found a more reasonable price! That stuff can get so expensive.