Cheapest Source For Rimadyl?

It looks like it might be time for Rainy to go on Rimadyl for arthritis. She's on a 1 week trial right now. I called Costco and Walmart and was quoted $7 a pill! That's $14 a day!

http://www.canadianpharmacyking.com/Drug/Rimadyl has it for 63 cents a pill and I'm not sure what shipping would be. I don't really care about flavored and chewable. Rainy gets a peanut butter glob twice a day with her supplements and other pills.

Anyone have any other places to purchase? I don't mind buying in giant bulk to get the best prices.... :)

------

Jessica

Check GoodRx.com. They even have a pet division that gives on-line prices. http://www.goodrx.com/rimadyl Adjust in the left margin for the correct dosage for Rainy.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

California Pet Pharmacy has #180 75mg tabs for $16.00. Plus $1.40 tax and $5.50 shipping.

https://www.google.com/search?q=carprofen&biw=640&bih=335&source=lnms&tbm=shop&sa=X&ei=PfBKVeSND5SdoQTi8YCYCg&ved=0CAYQ_AUoATgK#spd=18025691938878354652

ETA, I'm not sure I'd try them, they have some terrible reviews. Sorry.

Edited by seeh2o

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

I used to get mine from 1-800PetMeds.

I never really compared all the prices, but I know it was a fraction of what my vet charges.

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

California Pet Pharmacy has #180 75mg tabs for $16.00. Plus $1.40 tax and $5.50 shipping.

https://www.google.com/search?q=carprofen&biw=640&bih=335&source=lnms&tbm=shop&sa=X&ei=PfBKVeSND5SdoQTi8YCYCg&ved=0CAYQ_AUoATgK#spd=18025691938878354652

ETA, I'm not sure I'd try them, they have some terrible reviews. Sorry.

Thanks! I'm looking around their website and the $16 price is for a 30 count. They probably did something to get them traffic from the google price listings.... The 180 count is $79, which is approx the Pet 360 price. I've ordered from them in the past and they were pretty good.

I used to get mine from 1-800PetMeds.

I never really compared all the prices, but I know it was a fraction of what my vet charges.

Looks like they are 72 cents a pill for the off brand Novox.

------

Jessica

Guest RICHandJUDE

2 of my greyhounds took Rimadyl with no problems. We switched to a generic form of Rimadyl, called Novox. Our two greyts did as well on the Novox.

We got our caplets from Foster and Smith.

180 ct of 100 mg was $124.20 or 69 cents per pill.

180 ct of 75 mg was $93.60 or 52 cents per pill.

180 ct of 25 mg was $68.40 or 38 cents per pill.

There is free shipping for any order over $49.99.

Edited by RICHandJUDE

2 of my greyhounds took Rimadyl with no problems. We switched to a generic form of Rimadyl, called Novox. Our two greyts did as well on the Novox.

We got our caplets from Foster and Smith.

180 ct of 100 mg was $124.20 or 69 cents per pill.

180 ct of 75 mg was $93.60 or 52 cents per pill.

180 ct of 25 mg was $68.40 or 38 cents per pill.

There is free shipping for any order over $4

Thanks! I've been seeing the prices of Novox vs the labeled Carprofen are around the same price. I'm glad to know that the Novox works just as well. Also glad to know that your greys did well on the med.

------

Jessica

Thanks ShantisMom!

My head officially hurts looking at all these comparisons. I found a number of scam sites that had great prices! :hehe

I think I'm going to try and order from PetMartPharmacy. Looks like they are located in TN and I can't find anything bad about them online.

45 cents per 75mg pill. Just waiting for the vet to call me back. Does being on Rimadyl long term require any extra bloodwork?

------

Jessica

I'm starting to learn this! I placed an order for 6 months of pills at PetmartPharmacy.com . I used coupon code GPAMTN and Greyhound Pets of America -TN Chapter get a donation of 5% from my order! I figured that was my sign that this was the place to order.

45 cents a pill is the best pricing I could find. Shipping was only $2.99, should have been free for the amount that I spend... They send my vet a fax for the scipt confimation. I'll report back when I get the meds. If everything goes smoothly it might be decent savings. Especially everyone with 2 dogs on the med!

------

Jessica

That's a really good local price!

Our order arrived either yesterday or Saturday. Much faster than I expected. There was even a cute little milkbone in with our order! I'll definately be ordering from them again. Plus a little bit of my order goes to help the greyhounds . Win win!

------

Jessica

Just an FYI-rimadyl can be given at two different frequencys--2mgs/lb once daily or 1mg/lb twice daily. As an example a 50 lb dog could take 50mgs twice OR 100 mgs once daily. In speaking with a Pfizer rep recently that are actually rec the once a day dosing. My point is it may be more economical to purchase the higher mg tablet.

Interesting... I wonder what the benefit is for the twice a day dosing? Maybe because they only make 100mg pills? At 2mg a lb Rainy would need approx 120mg. So the once a day dose would be in the low side with 100mg. So it's better to go with 75mg twice a day to go with a slightly higher dose? I'll have to ask the vet the next time we see her.

She's still doing great on the med!

------

Jessica