Veterinary Opthamologist At 3:45 Pm Today

Guest eaglflyt

Guest eaglflyt

We're in the car on the way now. Possibly Pannus? We're taking Selleck, too. He's another one of our greys. He has browning on the outer parts of his sclera too, but no red.

Hoping it's nothing bad! Keep us posted.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest eaglflyt

Very early Pannus with a possible abrasion for Ady Bea. Selleck is fine. :)

Edited by eaglflyt

Suzie has pannus, in both eyes. Started with drops 3 times a day, then reduced to twice a day and now just on once a day. Hers were very clouded spots when we started the drops, and now is barely noticeable. Will have to continue indefinitely, but is an easy treatment. She also started with an abrasion on one eyeball, but that was healed quite quickly. Good thoughts for your girl.

Wanda, with the DC Racing Kids,

Eric ( DNT Finbarclancy )  6/29/14    Maggie ( DNT Oh Maggie ) 6/29/14

Lorraine ( DC Don't Rainonme ) 3/15/08 - 4/9/20 ---  Suzie ( DC Lazy Susan ) 3/12/06 - 9/4/18 --- Stormy ( DC Major Storm ) 11/29/99 - 1/21/12 ---- Andy ( Andy's Alibi ) 1/23/99 - 12/30/11

annie's pannus looked just like that when i first noticed it. since it was to the scalera the vet called it chronic superficial keratitis. the ointment prescribed helped immensely, now she has injured her cornea- hunting and we are dealing w/ far more serious conditions. but the extra blood vessels created by the pannus are helpful right now since they will help deliver the antibiotics to her cornea which is infected(feral animals are pretty dirty).

i get her pannus meds(poly/dexo/bac ointment) from allivet- a very good price, but use what the vet recommends and have a recheck or 2 before you order online.

• 1 month later...
Guest eaglflyt

Ady Bea has done great. She was treated with prednisone and cyclosporine drops twice daily. As of this week, her opthomologist says there is no active sign of her Pannus. We can now drop back to just one drop of cyclosporine every other day and some lubricating drops at night. She has her next appt. in 6 months unless we need to bring her in earlier if something should change with her eyes. Her opthamologist also recommended Doggles for her when in bright light. Thankfully, Ady Bea doesn't mind them at all ... and she looks really cool! :)

image.jpg1_1.jpg

Edited by eaglflyt

She is gorgeous as always. So glad to hear she is doing well.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I agree, she looks adorable.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Oh, my. Doggles have gotten much more stylish. Hope all continues smoothly for Ady Bea.

<<grey-viators>> :lol

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter