Thinking Of Charlie

Charlies_Dad

CHarlie has been on my mind a lot lately. It's been just over three years now that we had to say goodbye. There are so many things I miss about him that it's hard to list them. I realize how lucky we were to adopt such a sweet and gentle boy. I'll see you again someday sweetie.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Charlie was the best. Hugs to you and your family as you remember your sweet boy.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Charlie :wub: :wub: . Hugs to you as you think of your sweetest boy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

You prolly wouldn't believe how often I myself think of Charlie. I still feel his presence here.

"Some animals...leave a trail of glory behind them.
They give their spirit to the place where they have lived,
and remain forever apart of the rocks and streams and the wind and sky."

- Marguerite Henry

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality." ~ Emily Dickinson

:f_white

Hard to believe it's been three years. :grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

I think of my bridge babies all the time. I know I should feel blessed to have had them within my life but, my goodness it's hard to not want them back. Little things will trigger a memory--looking at the empty couch, the empty car window that they would slime up so well, the closet full of collars they used to wear and the hardest-the empty bed. I'm sure you want your Charlie back to fill that bed again. I guess we need to be patient -- we'll see them again-all in good time--I'm just not very good at waiting

<3 Kyle <3

Kyle-- I feel so lucky to have 'gotten to know you and charlie' when the brave seven were going down the osteo path. I've been thinking of rivie a lot lately, too -- I hope this means that her and Charlie are leading the committee in heaven treating all the greyhounds as they arrive.